News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett Crow

FarmLinks at Pursell Farms - Alabama
« on: May 14, 2008, 02:24:52 PM »
Has anyone here played this course or have any thoughts about it?  I did a search on it, but didn't come up with much.  I'm planning a trip through the Southeast next month and was hoping to hit a couple reasonably priced (i.e. <$100) courses along the way.  I'm pretty sure we're going to play Long Shadow in Georgia and was thinking about adding this one to the intinerary.  Any thoughts?

S. Huffstutler

Re: FarmLinks at Pursell Farms - Alabama
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »
I was a guest there last fall and played the course twice. I thought it was very good and I enjoyed myself immensely.

steve

John Goodman

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 03:39:57 PM »
I think it's a very enjoyable course as well, certainly worth playing, in the Doak 5 range.  Hurdzan/Fry design.  There are a couple of drop shot par 3s that I find a little boring, but there are a number of very good greensites and some interesting centerline hazards on several holes.  Green fee is $100, but that's for two rounds plus lunch and range balls.

For Central Alabama publics, I think Pate's Limestone Springs (Oneonta AL) and Ol' Colony (Northport AL) are better, as is Hanse's Capstone Club (IF they've gotten their maintenance/money issues worked out).  Another good option is Bob Cupp's Ballantrae GC in Pelham, just south of Birmingham, as is Pate's Timberline in Montevallo (also south of Bham, on I65 toward Montgomery).  All of the above are worth playing; all are as good as anything on the Trail and better than most of it.

Jeff_Stettner

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:20:00 PM »
Ol' Colony might be the best value in America. I think I paid $22. Well worth a round.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back