News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Kings Putter Mug Shots - Faces for the Names
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:07:04 PM »
Here are the Mug shots from Saturdays dinner at Vivolos.  I'm pretty sure I remembered all the names, but if I messed up...sorry in advance.

Pictures compliments of Emmy.

Left to Right: 
Front Row:  Bob Jenkins, Tony Peterson, Sir. Bob Huntley, Jordan Wall
Back Row: John Mayhugh, Robert Ball, Pete Pittock (peaking over), Stan Dodd, Kyle Henderson, Kalen Braley

Left to Right:
Jordan Wall, Yours truly, Evan Fleschier, Shivas Schmidt, David Elvins, Lou Duran, Pete Lavallee

Left to Right:
Tim Bert, Jack Chrisham, Reef Wilson, Ed Getka, Dave Miller

Left to Right:
Reef Wilson (I think), Lou Duran, Stan Dodd, Pete Pittock, Bill McBride, Pete Lavallee

Left to Right:    The Bad boys club, nothing but trouble here...
Robert Ball, Dave Miller, Shivas...errr Sybil Schmidt

Left to Right:
Pete Lavalle, Bob Huntley, David Stamm

No names needed here, I think you know them by now!!!   ;D

Bob Huntley giving a terrific toast to GCA.com fellowship and Ran Morrisett for hosting the site and facilitating such wonderful events to take place.

And drum roll please......Your Evans Scholar winner:

Joe Hancock

Re: Kings Putter Mug Shots - Faces for the Names
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 09:16:55 PM »
Here are the Mug shots from Saturdays dinner at Vivolos.  I'm pretty sure I remembered all the names, but if I messed up...sorry in advance.

Left to Right:

Boy, when you say left to right, you aren't kidding!

;D

All in all, a lean group of gentlemen.....

Let me guess....Shivas was off to the left, pontificating about cheater lines and other gizmos........

:)

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »
Joe,

Nice call, didn't even notice the lean.

For the record, Shivas and a few of us had a long discussion at the Sports Bar the night before about the Cheater Line.  He's still very bitter about Titleist stealing the phrase for thier commercials.   ;)

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
Some pretty ugly mug shots I must say ... ;D ;D
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Brock Peyer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »
I am glad that I can finally put a face with a name for the Wunderkid, Mr. Jordan Wall.  I must admit that I was expecting a pink shirt.

Congrats once again on the scholarship!!!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
I am glad that I can finally put a face with a name for the Wunderkid, Mr. Jordan Wall.  I must admit that I was expecting a pink shirt.

Congrats once again on the scholarship!!!

Mr. Wall was the hit of the weekend!!  He wore the pink shirt on Sunday and was nicely trimmed down having recently lost a few dozen pounds.  Although he didn't look half as dapper as Mr. Huntley on Saturday with the pink shirt and matching pink socks.

Look out ladies at Washington State, Jordan is coming your way!!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:55:30 PM »
Kalen,

I don't remember signing a release.  Apparently you did not humiliate me enough at Del Monte.  Please brush out my very unflattering image.  BTW, your handicap is about right- from behind the camera.

With some exceptions, the pics show a bunch of well-fed guys doing what they do best.  You did miss a VIP, probably second only to Mr. Huntley, but a lot more pleasing to the eye.  Maybe you can swap me out with her.

BTW, in the third pic, is that President Bush between Tim and Reef (what a cool name!)?  And who gets the vote for the biggest ham (hint: it ain't Pete Pittock in the back row)?  My vote goes to my mate at Pasa, Tony P,  who has such a great smile (as well as a superior attitude handling the futility that was our golf game on Sunday).

John Mayhugh

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 09:59:51 PM »
Kalen,
Thanks for posting these.  I was fortunate enough to utilize the Titlest cheater line on a putt against Mr. Schmidt's team.  It was a rare contribution to one of my teams on Saturday.  I'm sure Sybil would rather play against me than either Reef or Bill Brown.

Brock,
If you need any fashion tips, I'm sure Jordan would be glad to help.  First step, purchase a white belt!

Kalen Braley

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »
Lou,

You are looking quite dapper in those pics, nothing to be ashamed of.  As for ODM, well I'm afraid you guys got caught in a good old fashioned Huck and Kalen ham & egg job.

VIP #2, Emmy, was the one who took the photos, so if you have any legal issues or otherwise from lack of said waiver, please take it up with her.  I'm just the messenger.  8)

I also forgot to point out the other celeb we had in our presence...none other than Adam Carolla, a.k.a Pete Lavallee.   ;D

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »
Someone please hire Costanza's airbrush expert :-\.

You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Jordan Wall

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 01:55:49 AM »
Thanks Kalen!

That was sure fun.  And that clam chowder was too good.

Phil McDade

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:32:18 AM »

And it was tucked in ;)

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 08:56:11 AM »
Vivolo's?  I went there in '05 at the recommendation of Mr. Dodd.  Great chowder.

I agree, Jordan is looking dapper trimmed down with the hair grown out.  Can the weight loss
be attributed to all the caddying?

Left to Right:

To me,  Reef looks a bit like Golf's Most Beloved.....

Mike Hendren

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 09:40:58 AM »
I guess I just miss my friend(s).

- Red
  Shawshank Redemption

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
Been waiting for the ideal opportunity to add a KP post. Have you guys any idea how verdantly envious you were making us all with the mouth-watering prospect of April golf on those marvellous courses?

Looks like a great event and that grand fun was had by all! Some well kent faces for me and memories of good times. Well done. BUDA has much to aspire to. Luckily one or two KPers will be in attendance.

BTW, was anyone else slightly disappointed that Sybil Schmidt doesn't look like a slightly overweight Dennis Quaid. (don't ask, but that's always been my mental image of the shycagoshyster...) ::)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »

Pictures compliments of Emmy.

Left to Right: 
Front Row:  Bob Jenkins, Tony Peterson, Sir. Bob Huntley, Jordan Wall
Back Row: John Mayhugh, Robert Ball, Pete Pittock (peaking over), Stan Dodd, Kyle Henderson, Kalen Braley

As in life, I am merely a pimple hidden in the wake of greater men.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Craig Sweet

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »
Jordan, the loss of those pounds looks good....but lose the hair styling gel  ;D
LOCK HIM UP!!!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
The lesson is not lost on me, who is holding the MONEY!  Lou, it looks like you took those guys to school once again.  ;) ;D 8)

Nice going Jordan on the Evans and helping those coggers on some fashion tips.  But I'm betting the chowder from up in you neck of the woods at Wally's in Des Moines does not take a back seat to anyone else's...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 07:50:18 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 08:58:04 PM »
Jordan, the loss of those pounds looks good....but lose the hair styling gel  ;D

Craig,

You should have seen his mohawk "do" the day before...priceless!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tony Petersen

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 09:36:23 PM »
I wanted to say thanks to everyone for a G-R-E-A-T weekend... Though Lou is right on when it comes to the futility of MY game (let's be honest), the swing has to return... Christ, it only left about 3 weeks ago ;)

To Shivas, my apologies for playing like absolute S-*-*-T.  I had a great time playin with ya, and I'm smiling as I type thinking about the games we played... and nary a whisper of the cheater line ;)

To Lou, it was an absolute pleasure getting together and I look forward to doing it again (sooner than later... Pinehurst, anyone?) :D

To Evan, once again, you played great on Friday and it was a blast watching you grind while I kept hooking the ball fat...all weekend ;)

To Pasa, you're greens are more delicious than a petite lady with loose morals and a great attitude...

To Del Monte, I will return. Talk about a walk in the park...

To MPCC Shore, you are a great course and an absolute tribute to the genious of Stranz...

To Poppy Hills... Oh ye dogleg, come ye round to the left for us lefties who (used) to hit a fade. Fun though...

To Pacific Grove... I missed your first hole, but you're back-9 is sweeter than J Lo's backside on a great day...

To Pajaro Valley... Talk about a hidden gem. Under the radar. Whatever. Greens were in shape for the Apple City Cup and running faster than Sunday at Augusta. What a F-U-N course! And Pete, you are a lucky man who seems to have a dream for a career... Kudos!

Other than that, it was great getting together and meeting ALL of you guys for the KP... Wish it lasted a little longer, but beggars can't be choosers ;)

And last, but not least, I think Lavallee looks more like Anthony Bourdain from "No Reservations" than Adam Carolla ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:42:32 PM by Tony Petersen »
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Dave_Miller

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 10:14:42 PM »
Kalen:
Thanks to you and Emmy for the pictures.  However the only real "BAD BOY" Has to be Shivas ;D :o ;)
Dave

Garland Bayley

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 01:34:05 PM »
So who's going to post a picture of Emmy, especially one of Jordan hugging Emmy for the nth time as n goes from 1 to infinity?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Benham

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 02:11:56 PM »
Previous year group photos ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Lou_Duran

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
Mike,

Your pics bring a tear to my eye.

Reef Wilson

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
To me,  Reef looks a bit like Golf's Most Beloved.....

Hmm, not sure who you are talking about? I have some ideas but I think it depends on if you mean most beloved in a sarcastic way or not.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back