News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Grossman

Welcome Roy Case
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:06:13 PM »
I would like to welcome Roy Case to the site.  I have worked with Roy for several years, he is a true gentleman in every since of the word and will bring alot of great commentary to the discussions.  If you haven't read the interview with him on this site, I urge you to do so.

Dan Herrmann

Re: Welcome Roy Case
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »
Jeff,
I'm looking forward to Mr. Case's opinions, if this, from his interview, is any indication:

------------------------------

What trends in golf course architecture have you seen come - and then mercifully go?

A trend in the 80’s when architects seemed to be vying for the most expensive, and over-designed, course. The trend away from manufactured golf toward more natural looks is very welcome. Some courses looked as if they were designed to be photographed, rather than played. I think the ultimate in bizarre was Stone Harbor, based upon Greek mythology, and rampant with bulkhead work. It graced the pages of a prominent golf magazine, and earned the cancellation of my subscription!

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 02:10:47 AM »
Welcome Roy!
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Jeffrey Prest

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 04:02:14 PM »
Stone Harbor is the course with this monstrosity, yes?:

http://www.isteve.com/Stone_Harbor_7th_old.jpg

A classic example of designers trying too hard. Scottish members of this forum will hopefully understand when I describe their current national rugby shirt as another one...

http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/scotland/scotlandrugbyshirts/scotland_test_home_rugby_shirt_ss_08_with_sponsor

Welcome, Roy. I think you'll fit in here rather well...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back