News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Andrew

Re: Fawning on GCA
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »
Neil,

Those are great - what a collection of images - is there anything there that has disappeared.

I can't read the capitions by the way.

Neil Regan

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 05:55:25 PM »
Ian,

I didn't do the scans. Here they are, bigger. You should be able to read most captions now. If you want, I can post the backs too.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 08:56:26 AM by Neil Regan »
Grass speed  <>  Green Speed

Bill_McBride

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 10:09:03 PM »
You know what I love most about those great 1924 photos?

The captions mostly identify the courses by the town rather than
formal name of the course!

Hoylake instead of Royal Liverpool, Sandwich instead of Royal St
George, Deal instead of Royal Cinque Ports.

Nice..... ;D

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 12:41:27 AM »
This is good, how I miss the days of buying hockey cards with the dollar or two my grandparents would give me. Luckily I caught the tail end of the stick of gum in a pack of cards thing.

Anyways, I wonder which would be worth more, a Tom Doak or Tom Fazio rookie card?

o

and

Crosby
Malkin
HOSSA

The cup is coming back to Pittsburgh this year!

David Stamm

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »
Neil, I love the Ganton, Sandwich and Portrush pics.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jordan Wall

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2008, 12:59:29 AM »
I think it's funny how Tom, the minimalist, is sitting on a bulldozer *ahem* ... I mean excavator.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 01:29:41 AM by Jordan Wall »

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 08:00:04 AM »
This is good, how I miss the days of buying hockey cards with the dollar or two my grandparents would give me. Luckily I caught the tail end of the stick of gum in a pack of cards thing.

Anyways, I wonder which would be worth more, a Tom Doak or Tom Fazio rookie card?

o

and

Crosby
Malkin
HOSSA

The cup is coming back to Pittsburgh this year!

"Not only didn't Hossa get onto the score sheet in Pittsburgh's 5-1 loss at Boston, the five-time All-Star couldn't even finish the game. He was knocked out in the second period by a sprained knee and will be out for at least a week.

"It was an accidental hit, knee-on-knee," said Hossa, who collided with Bruins forward Glen Murray. "This is disappointing. I was trying to get comfortable with my linemates. But injuries happen, and this is the tough luck of the business we're in.""

Tough luck on Hossa's debut. I have to admit, I sat at last nights game and worried the same thing would happen to either Richards or Marty Turco now that we have no backup goalie.....

Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Neil Regan

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:57 AM »
Neil, I love the Ganton, Sandwich and Portrush pics.

David,

Here are the backs of those cards.

Does anybody know what hole on Portrush this is today ? I think it's on the Valley course.

Grass speed  <>  Green Speed

Tom Yost

« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 01:17:21 PM »
I bought a pack of the GCA cards and there was 3 Ted Robinsons in the one pack.   ???

Garland Bayley

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 01:34:07 PM »
I bought a pack of the GCA cards and there was 3 Ted Robinsons in the one pack.   ???

Just be lucky you aren't in Oregon where there are 3 Bill Robinsons in a pack!
 ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 02:02:45 PM »

Garland,

I'll trade ya a Bunny Mason for one your Bill Robinsons.  ;)

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2008, 04:44:33 AM »
I think it's funny how Tom, the minimalist, is sitting on a bulldozer *ahem* ... I mean excavator.

Or Tom could really be a environmental hippie protesting against construction, I heard he is starting a campaign
to get worldwide planning laws toughened-upp especially to stop ‘them’ swallowing up them unspoiled Dunes-land for such despicable activities as golf  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back