News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ken Moum

Darwin's Golf Courses of the British Isles
« on: February 26, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »
One of my favorite places to feed my addiction to golf books has Darwin's book right now for $6.95

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.storefront/47c446a300014339271d424d36d605f4/Catalog/GOL
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Jeff_Mingay

Re: Darwin's Golf Courses of the British Isles
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:26:07 PM »
I highly recommend this purchase (I already have a cherished copy).

Golf Courses of the British Isles is a remarkably entertaining, informative and educational book. In fact, there's a lot to learn about golf course architecture throughout. 
jeffmingay.com

David Stamm

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 01:41:31 PM »
I agree with Jeff's comments. It has a wonderful way of transporting you to the places he's describing. It's one of my absolute favorites in my collection.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Norbert P

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
 A wonderful and timeless book. I suggest reading it slowly and not too much at a time. The Rountree paintings are virtual time travel portals into a bygone era, as much as Darwin's lucid writing.  The Herbie W. Wind Forward and the Ben Crenshaw Afterward is worth the cost of the book alone.

BTW . . . I have used mine for autographs of GCA agents.  I suppose this has killed the value if its inheritor ever wants to sell it.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back