News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jerry Kluger

GOLF CLUB ATLAS GOLF BAGS AND SS RAIN/WIND SHIRTS
« on: February 06, 2008, 03:13:20 PM »
It appears that we are going to go forward with the golf bags and short sleeved rain/wind shirts.  Please keep in mind that GCA is going to be going through a very expensive software/security update and these items are not a major fundraiser so it is important that you continue to make your contributions to GCA.

Golf bags: We are continuing to work with Sun Mountain and we will offer a choice of 2 bags which will come in only one color - navy blue.  The Golf Club Atlas logo will once again be embroidered on the bags but it will not include "com" - it will include the red flag and pin.  This will allow the lettering to be larger as the width of the embroidery is limited and the height is proportional to the width. 

The Mini bag will once again be included and the embroidery will be on the clothing pocket and will be 5" long.  The embroidery machine at Sun Mountain can only go that wide because of the configuration of the bag.  The Mini weights 2.5 lbs.

The Collegiate bag will also be offered. You can see this bag at the Sun Mountain website if you go to the School Programs at the bottom of the home page.  It is a much larger bag and weights 4.5 lbs.  The embroidery on that bag will be much larger - 10" in width.  The other bag they offer, the 3.5 lightweight would only allow for the 5" embroidery so we decided against using it.   

Wind/Rain Shirt  -  Sun Mountain has a limited quantity of a rain/wind shirt which it has discontinued called the Stormtight, which they will embroider for us on the sleeve.  The shirt is Baltic Blue and we will offer them on a first come/first served basis.  It is available in M through XXL.   They are outerwear and are made accordingly but please remember that they are being custom made for you and we cannot return them to Sun Mountain. 

Overseas orders:  We should be able to again ship overseas using the United States Postal Service - all the other carriers were too expensive.  Payment will have to be in US Dollars and I am estimating a $25 surcharge per bag and $10 per shirt. Canada will probably cost $10 and $5 respectively.

Cost including embroidery and shipping:

Mini bag:  $100

Collegiate bag:  $130.00

Rain/Wind Shirt:  $50.00

I would like a count as to your interest but I will not place any order until I have received payment.

Jerry Kluger
6724 Landon Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817

Dean Paolucci

Re: GOLF CLUB ATLAS GOLF BAGS AND SS RAIN/WIND SHIRTS
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
Jerry - What great news!  Thank you again for your leadership.

Please everyone, Jerry is extending himself again to do this for us.  Please make it as painless as possible and get your orders and (most importantly) checks in ASAP!
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 03:31:13 PM »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 05:15:42 PM »
Thanks, Jerry, that's terrific. 

XL rain/wind shirt please. I'll send address info with check when you are ready for firm orders with payment.

Regards,
Bill

Mark Smolens

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
Jerry, my check will be (as they say) in the mail -- today.  I made it out to you.  I hope that's correct.  Thanks for organizing, or re-organizing, this endeavor.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »
XL windshirt & a mini bag for me.  I'll get a check in the mail to you tomorrow.

Thanks for coordinating this.

Greg Clark

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 06:04:19 PM »
Count me in for a Collegiate bag and an XL rain shirt.  I will be sending my check tomorrow.  Thanks a bunch for your efforts.

Tim Bert

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:48:57 PM »
Looking at the photo, it appears that the Collegiate back has strap buckles on each side of the bag spaced at equal distance from the center, which would allow the straps on the bag to be fully convertable for left-handers.

It's hard to find a good moderately weighted bad that converts with no distortion to the weight distribution, so I might be interested if this is the case.

Is anyone familiar enough with this bag to confirm that this is true? 

Also, does anyone regularly walk with the Collegiate?  I currently have the Ping J-Bag (fairly similar to the Hoofer) and would like to know if this one serves as a reasonable walking bag (I don't need the superlight as I've already got a Sunday bag.)

Ken Moum

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
Put me down for a mini bag.

I'll send you a check ASAP

Ken
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Nick Cauley

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 09:46:20 PM »
Put me down for a collegiate bag

In will put the check in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks

Andrew Mitchell

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 06:02:07 AM »
Jerry

I've sent you an IM
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Tom Roewer

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 07:06:52 AM »
Jerry:  an xxl rainshirt please   checks in the mail today

Doug Wright

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »
Jerry,

Since the Mini bag advertises that it has a "ball liner (precisely mark balls)" I just have to have one.  ;)  I'll send you a check. Thanks for doing this.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

ChipRoyce

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 11:05:01 AM »
Most likely would like to get a Wind Shirt - Could you please post a picture?

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 11:55:46 AM »
Chip: I don't have a picture as it is no longer part of their line.  I know Ran has one so maybe he has a picture he can post.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 11:58:36 AM »
Jerry - sent you an IM, but answer here works also - are we to send checks now for whatever we want to order, or are you waiting for a quota?  Sorry to be dense, but it looks like McBride has the same question too...

TH

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »
Here is the windshirt link.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 01:00:15 PM »
TH: Yes, please send checks so I can place orders.  I needed the count to put a hold on the windshirts as the quantity is limited.  The new line they are making would cost at least double. 

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 01:02:06 PM »
TH: Yes, please send checks so I can place orders.  I needed the count to put a hold on the windshirts as the quantity is limited.  The new line they are making would cost at least double. 

Gotcha!  Thanks.  I shall send check today.

TH

RJ_Daley

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »
Check for mini-bag enroute...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Dean Paolucci

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
XXL on the windshirt for me.  Did you get my IM about the bag?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 05:06:28 PM by Dean Paolucci »
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »
The Mini blue bag is as pictured with the grey accent.  Collegiate is solid blue.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 08:47:47 PM »
Put me down for a M windshirt.  My only question is what's the best way for me to pay?

Jason Hines

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
Check is in the mail for a Mini.

Thanks for your efforts Jerry.

Jason

Jason Connor

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »
Check going out today for a Mini Bag.

Thanks Jerry

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back