News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Brian Cenci

Tennessee National
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »
Fellow GCA'r Dave Neveux and I just played Tennessee National, outside of Knoxville, TN today.  It is a private club and a Greg Norman design.

Has anyone else played this course and care to share their thoughts?  There was some unique bunkering on the course in that most of the greenside bunkers were sode wall bunkers with a hard coating on them (I thought it almost looked like a Rhino truckbed liner).  Anyone know what that is on the sod walls there?  Anyways, the rest of the bunkers are "finger" bunkers, very similar to work of Rees Jones.  I can't really tell if I liked the contrasting styles or not.  Part of me wished all the bunkers had the sod wall look.  

The course itself I thought was good, especially considering its a residential community type course.  The overall development will have houses all over the course and complex.  There was a good mix of holes (short/long par 5's, short/long par 4's, all 4 par 3's you use a different club) too.  The fairways were generous and almost too expansive at times as the routing and layout isn't meant to minimize use of the land.  Overall, I thought it was a good course and definetly worth a play if you can get on and are in the area.  What do others think of it?

-Brian C.

Andy Troeger

Re:Tennessee National
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
Brian,
I'm not totally positive but I think there was a thread on the bunkers at Tenn. Natl maybe this past summer if you are interested in searching the archives.

Brian Cenci

Re:Tennessee National
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 10:54:55 PM »
couldn't find anything

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back