News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Phil_the_Author

Tillinghast Illustrated Issue #3...
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:51:52 PM »
For any and all who might be interested, issue #3 of Tillinghast Illustrated will be available through the Tillinghast Association website on Monday.

Among the gems is an interview with a prominent architect who said, when asked about his philosophy on doing course restoration/renovation work, "I like the fact that my charge is to come in and do the work as quietly as I can, as softly as I can, and it’s not about me. I’m very comfortable with that... That’s really how I approach every project. It’s about trying to honor the course, to try to honor the architecture that lay before me and to try to do the best work I can within that environment and not use such a heavy hand."

There is also a bit of news about a discovery made just last weekend. A 13-page proposal/report written by Tilly in April 1939 to re-route and re-design a wonderful Connecticut course. Also found was a copy of a portion of the drawing for this work. This might be Tilly's last full course proposal as he would have a major heart attack a year later and have to hang it all up.

Also is a neat Q&A on "Who is in this Picture" based on a cabinet photograph recently purchased by an Association member... and much, much more...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:00:16 PM by Philip Young »

Phil_the_Author

Re:Tillinghast Illustrated Issue #3...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 09:27:11 PM »
Bump...

Trey Kemp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 11:28:36 PM »
Thanks Philip, can't wait to read it on Monday.  The first two were great!
twitter.com/TreyKempGCA

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »
Philip,
   Is this just posted online, or is there a hard copy that can be purchased?
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back