News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Is this our rat pack?
« on: November 13, 2007, 09:49:58 PM »
Forgive me if this has been covered, but it appears that Justin Timberlake's name will included in the title of the Vegas event. Is this all it takes, you are a celebrity and happen to play golf? I didn't even realize his music or he were that popular. He's certainly isn't Bing, but then, who is. There has got to be more worthy and more colorful guys then this that are golfers! And they don't even have to be singers. What about Bill Murray? Any other suggestions?
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

John Keenan

Re:Is this our rat pack?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 09:59:58 PM »
Let us not forget George Lopez who somehow has his name on the Bob Hope.

Quite a slide from Frank, Dean, Sammy and Co.
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
Here is an even more important question - if Elvis were alive, would he be hosting the Memphis Classic? :D

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
Even more provoking, if Elvis really was dead, would there be a golf course built over him?
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

John Keenan

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 10:19:49 PM »
Joe they would if they thought it would make money.

He has I think earned far more since his  death than while he was alive. Yearly he seems to be quite high on the Forbes list of dead earners.

The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 10:25:03 PM »
I would much rather see someone like David Letterman associated with an event.....but then again, I really don't care, as long as it isn't one of the women from the view.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:25:58 PM by Brock Peyer »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 10:25:21 PM »
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, unless you are OJ.

Another concurrent thread titled  'did the game of golf just get a lot worse'
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 10:26:44 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Joe Hancock

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:25:44 PM »
Joe they would if they thought it would make money.

He has I think earned far more since his  death than while he was alive. Yearly he seems to be quite high on the Forbes list of dead earners.

Just think how much Donald Ross' estate would be raking in if archies were paid royalties on each round played.....come to think of it, would there be so many Ross courses if they had to pay royalties on Ross' name?
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tom Dunne

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 10:31:33 PM »
Two Timberlake threads on page 1 of golfclubatlas is two too many.

(No offense!  :))

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back