News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bart Bradley

Another course that gets little attention..
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:31:25 PM »
that I really enjoyed.  I bet the background will give away the location.  This is my 10 year old son...we loved it.

beautiful downhill par 3:

Joe Hancock

Re:Another course that gets little attention..
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:35:16 PM »
Smartly photographed......

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Bart Bradley

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »
well how about another pic....this thread is getting as little attention as this course  ;)

Hole 18....

Tony Petersen

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:34:52 PM »
Bart... It's been awhile (before they changed the greens) but is that Bear Dance?
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Bart Bradley

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 09:36:50 PM »
Bart... It's been awhile (before they changed the greens) but is that Bear Dance?

No, tell me about Bear Dance...If it is like this course, I need to check it out.

Bart

SPDB

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
Bart:
You can be forgiven, as you haven't been around for that long, but this course gets a ton of attention at least 'round these parts.

Pictured are the 9th and 18th.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 10:09:59 PM »
Bart:
You can be forgiven, as you haven't been around for that long, but this course gets a ton of attention at least 'round these parts.

Pictured are the 9th and 18th.

Well what do you think of the Jasper Park course??  I found it to be an excellent day.  Beautiful views, challenging and well designed holes.

Bart

Robert Thompson

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »
Jasper is, without doubt, one of the finest experiences in golf. It is also, interestingly, one of the few examples of Stanley Thompson designs that haven't been altered significantly over time. The bunkering has been tweaked, but the basics of the course remain in place.
It is exceptional.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Jordan Wall

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 12:10:09 PM »
You know one I think about it's funny how much I have learned through some of Ran's course reviews.
I haven't read the Jasper one in a long while, but still I knew immediately the hole without ever having been there.
Ran's profile of Jasper is excellent, for those who have not read it yet.  
Here is a pic of his of the same hole below..

Thanks for posting Bart!
What a cool looking hole and experience for your son.
Awesome!

Jordan Wall

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 12:12:37 PM »
A question about the hole.

In the picture below, it seems that using the downslope off the bunker would propel a ball well past the hole location.  

Is the slope past the fronting bunker best used for middle and back pins, or can it effectively be used to get close to front pin locations as well?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:13:11 PM by Jordan Wall »

Bart Bradley

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 02:09:46 PM »
A question about the hole.

In the picture below, it seems that using the downslope off the bunker would propel a ball well past the hole location.  

Is the slope past the fronting bunker best used for middle and back pins, or can it effectively be used to get close to front pin locations as well?

Thanks.

Jordan,

I am not sure...it is enough of a drop shot that I was able to fly my ball to pin high and have the ball stop....I suspect that the slope behind the bunkering can only help a shot that would otherwise end of short..given that the ball is coming from such an elevated tee.  Anyone else no more?

Bart

JESII

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 02:14:56 PM »
And besides Jordan, as much as you spin it, you should aim for the back aprons of every hole you play...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
And besides Jordan, as much as you spin it, you should aim for the back aprons of every hole you play...

Is that before or after he breaks the shaft on the club? :)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back