News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

paul cowley

Re:Storytime.....
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 04:07:05 PM »
Paul:

Seriously, though, in a little while allow me to run through, say, the first six or so holes at Newark and try to describe what I think the storyline on them is or isn't to date and maybe what I think they might be or could be.

Is that OK?

And then you do the same thing and we'll compare stories or storylines.

TomP....I think we should first do the short little stepchild of a par four that you had some input with....#6 at the Ricefied course. Its grassed and shaped now and should be an interesting hole strategically. I need to get back to the job but I will describe it in more detail later.....then we can move on to Newark. :)

PeterP.... ;D
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Matthew Hunt

Re:Storylines.....
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 04:33:57 PM »
Template holes are like the Romeo and Juliet story.

You can't go to the video store or watch a T.V series without seeing a rip-off of the tragic tale even if the producer doesn't admit it it’s a  copy.

They 'jazz it up' and change the ending (The fair green in golf) to make it more conventional and less severe for the audience but more often than they ruin the prose and lose the awe of the story as the start and end don't match up.

It takes a good version like Baz Lurhmans approach in Film to achieve this recapering of the true story. I sincerely hope Tom Doak can covey this strategy in Old McDonald layout.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back