News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re:If JN became a poster.....would you call him Jack?
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
And I suppose it's inconceivable that someone could agree with Tom and not be simply ass-kissing, or criticise Jack and not be simply bashing?

Whoops, forgot who I was asking....

Why everytime I ask for a simple example the person ignores my request and attacks me instead?  Please...give one example in the last week where anyone praised the contributions of Nicklaus on Dismal or Sebonack.  

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
The King would be Mr. Palmer.

Mr. Nicklaus would be Jack, and lucky if nobody slipped and said Fat Jack.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Randy Thompson

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
Can't waste my time on thinking about something that will never happen, the only way Tiger or Mr. Jack Nicklaus the first would post is if somebody PAID them, both have very clear, "Time is Money"!

JC Jones

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2007, 01:53:03 PM »
And I suppose it's inconceivable that someone could agree with Tom and not be simply ass-kissing, or criticise Jack and not be simply bashing?

Why everytime I ask for a simple example the person ignores my request and attacks me instead?  Please...give one example in the last week where anyone praised the contributions of Nicklaus on Dismal or Sebonack.  

because you are a bad, modern design loving, hater of classic and neo-classic design and we "minimalists" are insecure and do not and will not tolerate a dues paying member of a fazio abomination.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2007, 02:55:53 PM »
I will still refer to him as Jack, unless I actually met him, in which case it would be Mr. Nicklaus.

Mike_Young

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2007, 03:36:28 PM »

because the herd mentality prevails here....
BTW..I was given quite a compliment at the Dixie Cup...one of the guys said my post were almost as bad as yours.....I took it as a compliment...don't know if he menat it to be or not ;D ;D ;D
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

George Pazin

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2007, 04:01:37 PM »

What did he say or do that merited praise? Are we somehow obligated to make some sort of sham attempt to provide "balance" like the nitwit networks that feel they must have a talking head for each side of public debate? Must someone criticising his work first point out things they like before commenting on something they dislike?

Jeff Brauer defended Nicklaus plenty on the one thread, often erroneously so. I didn't see you criticising him for repeatedly making erroneous or misleading comments about Tom D.

You are the one who threw the first stone by stating, or at the very least, strongly implying that anyone who agreed with Tom D was just an ass kisser trying to look smart by association - why anyone would feel the need to dignify any one of your requests is simply beyond me, especially with your pathetic attempt to play the victim?

That's what I was referring to when I commented on your sad view.

The fact that Mike Young continues to support you for your oh-so-utterly courageous tilting at imaginary windmills saddens me even further.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Walt_Cutshall

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2007, 09:48:59 PM »
Hah! You guys don't know Jack.

Jed Peters

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2007, 10:05:52 PM »
I wear a white belt.

Am I a dork?

(I would call him Jack online, Mr. Nicklaus in person.)

Mike_Young

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2007, 10:13:04 PM »
I wear a white belt.

Am I a dork?

Jed,
If you have to ask..you may be a dork....

As for myself....so many of you guys are wearing white belts that I have got to add a pocket protector to my outfit ;D ;D ;D

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2007, 10:14:57 PM »
C'mon Mike...

Just come clean and tell the group that you've created the computerized Dorkometer in your spare time.

Although, it may need some adjustments to the high-end ranges after redlining off the charts all this past weekend.

Mike_Young

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »
C'mon Mike...

Just come clean and tell the group that you've created the computerized Dorkometer in your spare time.

Although, it may need some adjustments to the high-end ranges after redlining off the charts all this past weekend.
It is not quite ready to be seen yet.....but you will be one of the first....BTW have you got a score clicker and new kilties on your shoes yet....I just got some new iron covers that you have to see to believe....

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2007, 10:37:08 PM »
Mike,

If you don't have the RangeFinder Usage variable factored in yet, I'm not sure it's ready for the market.  

You would certainly know this better than I do, but is there a way for the Dorkometer to pick up on shaving techniques?  

That would certainly help to refine and delineate the top end scoring.

Mike_Young

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »
The dork meter is a very delicate instrument.....remember the movie "Something about Mary"?  I had some dork testing the shaving part of the instrument and he got that "hair mousse" all over the machine....we got a mess right now....

Jed Peters

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2007, 01:19:44 AM »
I wear a white belt.

Am I a dork?

Jed,
If you have to ask..you may be a dork....

As for myself....so many of you guys are wearing white belts that I have got to add a pocket protector to my outfit ;D ;D ;D

Mike,

I post on an internet message board.

Yes, I am a dork.

10 years ago, I would have kicked my own ass.

Steve Lang

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »
 8)

Did anyone ever see that clip fromTGC when I think Kessler visited his home and Jack cut off his tie?

I'd call him however he signed off.
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Doug Siebert

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2007, 11:26:05 PM »
I like the quote from the OSU coach Francis Schmidt, and think it applies here.

"The inaugural season [1934 - Ben] for coach Francis Schmidt is one that sparked a couple of great OSU traditions.  OSU's teams had been losing to Michigan regularly, and Schmidt made his famous quote “They put their pants on one leg at a time same as everybody else"

Unless they put them on from a sitting position :)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back