News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

If JN became a poster.....would you call him Jack?
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:55:57 PM »
would this site "dork it up" or actually try to carry on a discussion...TD is kind enough to discuss with you but if all of a sudden the greatest player ever started posting...I bet there would be some serious "white belt dork" stuff going on.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jfaspen

Re:If JN became a poster.....would you call him Jack?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:57:22 PM »
I think the extra attention this site and the posts would get would be negative.. I think if he spoke in the frank, casual manner that TD does, people would call him Jack.

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »
Mike,

Yours, above, is the most ridiculously hypothetical post EVER at GolfClubAtlas.com... hell freezes over before Jack Nicklaus makes a post here!

I promise, if he posts, I'll be the first to call him Jack  :D
jeffmingay.com

BVince

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »
Although I may type it, I would never call "Jack" by his first name.  He is a living legend and possibly the best to ever tee it up.  IMO, regardless of his designs, deserves the title Mr. Nicklaus.
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Joe Hancock

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:50 PM »
Mike,

It would temporarily redirect the "dorking up" that already takes place.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Jim Thompson

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:01:07 PM »
Mike,

You could stack the dorks like cord wood if that came to pass.  Those that are real guys would continue to be the real deal though.  I don't think you could ever get Hendren and the like in a white belt or using those disposable razors from ACC.  That's just not our style. ;D

Cheers!

JT
Jim Thompson

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:02:54 PM »
I think you underestimate the posters.  Many of us have met him and have been frank with him already.  I think he would probably take in on chin.  But I can't imagine him ever posting.  First he doesn't have the time and second he doesn't have the inclination.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 09:03:36 PM »
I don't think I could ever address the Golden Bear as "Jack," personally, but then again I'm but a babe at 18.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Mike_Young

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:11:39 PM »
Mike,

You could stack the dorks like cord wood if that came to pass.  Those that are real guys would continue to be the real deal though.  I don't think you could ever get Hendren and the like in a white belt or using those disposable razors from ACC.  That's just not our style. ;D

Cheers!

JT

Jim,
Hendren should have been at ACC today....it was a big weiner shavin day for the yups in the new showers.....all the razors were gone when I went in there after the treadmill.....man i just wish they would use Nair.....

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »
I thought Tiger Woods was the greatest player ever?

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:17:01 PM »
Mike Young,

Is this that "New South" I keep hearing about?  ;)

Damn...first yankees winning at NASCAR, then "Weiner-Shavin' Day" at ACC.  

What was Dev Emmett's southernmost design again?

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 09:19:07 PM »
Mr. Hancock,

Can I can you 'Joe'?

;D
jeffmingay.com

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 09:19:44 PM »
If Mike Nicklaus posts here, would you call him "Nicklaus Signature"?

Jim Thompson

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »
Mike,

Cheers!

JT

Jim,
Hendren should have been at ACC today....it was a big weiner shavin day for the yups in the new showers.....all the razors were gone when I went in there after the treadmill.....man i just wish they would use Nair.....

Maybe ACC just needs to convert the naked room into space for a personal aesthetician.  Specializing in Gold Bond and Fatas of course.  Then all the little AN boys could really get waxed on daddy's money.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 09:26:42 PM by Jim Thompson »
Jim Thompson

BVince

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 09:24:21 PM »
JN still desreves all the credit that his swing proved.  He is by far a better golfer than architect.  However, I will call him Mr. Nicklaus...regardless of what he says about anyone.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 10:23:09 AM by Bryon Vincent »
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Joe Hancock

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 09:28:38 PM »
OK,...honest answer...if I knew he wanted to be called Mr. Nicklaus, that's what I would call him. I would do the same for anyone else though. I'm not big on celebrity, or fame, or "greatness"....all people deserve respect until they prove otherwise. If i knew he was OK with being called Jack.....then I would call him Jack.

A better question would be "would you pass gas in front of Jack Nicklaus".........

This won't take long.... :)

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mike_Young

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 09:35:07 PM »
Mike Young,

Is this that "New South" I keep hearing about?  ;)

Damn...first yankees winning at NASCAR, then "Weiner-Shavin' Day" at ACC.  

What was Dev Emmett's southernmost design again?
Mike,
Yep this is the new south.....we knew the golf course was in trouble when the board decided to take our large shower area and convert it into individual stalls with smoked glass doors because the "new generation" wanted more privacy....then we noticed all the razors leaving and then one of them let the "cat out of the bag" and said the young guys were in to weiner shaving.....that is when you know golf is in trouble at your club....

Mike_Young

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »
Mike,

Cheers!

JT

Jim,

Maybe ACC just needs to convert the naked room into space for a personal aesthetician.  Specializing in Gold Bond and Fatas of course.  Then all the little AN boys could really get waxed on daddy's money.

All the old old guys still use the naked room for eating lunch in their towels (unless they forgot they did not have them) while the young guys are being more discreet in the showers.....

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 09:38:16 PM »
Mike Young,

I feel your pain.

Where have you gone, Fireball Roberts?   :'(

John_Cullum

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »
Don't ever borrow a stiptic pencil at Athens CC
"We finally beat Medicare. "

RJ_Daley

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 10:52:52 PM »
I remember MY mentioning the budget for the disposable razors, but somehow their specific use by young upstanding yups in secluded smokeglassed shower stalls escaped me.  Now, just so I have a firm handle on this whole casing scraper caper, was the $1200 a year just the Men's locker room budget for the wurst pickwicks, and do the Ladies account separately on another cost of doing bidness line in the ACC budget?...  

Oh yeah... I'd call him the same name he constantly calls after himself when he misses a shot, O'Jack!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 10:54:43 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 11:36:43 PM »
This thread could bring new meaning to the new term "Brat slippage" ouch!

Why don't we just keep calling him...Hammy?
 ;)
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:50:30 AM »
Jack Nicklaus is the greatest professional golfer in history.

He is not the greatest architect in history.

If this discussion group focused on the particulars of baseball park architecture and Roger Clemens decided to jump into that field - and his designs were controversial - would you call him "Mr. Rocket Sir?"

Kyle Harris

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:58:42 AM »
The sort of shaving in question has its merits, especially on those sweaty days. It also serves to take away framing features that tend to "shrink" the perception of size in the eye of the beholder.

It is for this reason that I've refrained from mowing my own rough so closely, as the scale of my own architectural features already intimidate the only person with whom I will ever share such fine pedigree.

And yeah, I'd call him Jack. Maybe J-Nick or Nickalicious.

Grand Master Nick Daddy?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:07:54 AM by Kyle Harris »

Jordan Wall

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:22:12 AM »
Yes, I would call him Jack, just as I refer to Mr. Doak as Tom (no pun intended) on this website.
On a website, I see everybody as equal.  Everyone calls everyone else by their first name and it should be like that, online.

When I was at Tumble Creek I tried my best to always say Mr. Doak, out of respect and relative awe of being in his presence.  The way I see it, it's generally is a lot more respectful to call someone Mr. ____ or Mrs. ____, especially upon first introduction.  I learned that as I began working at Seattle CC. Always say Mr./Mrs./Dr. .  So, when I first met Tom Doak, I called him Mr. Doak, as think is the right thing to do.  I see no problem with calling him Tom online.  And, as far as I can tell, he has no problem with people referring to him as Tom, just as others refer to fellow gca'ers by there first name.  Just an observation.

But yes, I would call him Jack online, if was indeed a poster.
If I ever were to actually meet him, it would for sure be Mr. Nicklaus though.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back