News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob Jenkins

Re:Cypress Pt Panorama - #15, #16 and #17
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »

Thank you, James. Those pics are amazing.

I agree the golf bag made the 15th look more real. What I wondered about is whether Sun Mountain ever got you the GCA bag?

All the best!

Bob Jenkins

James Bennett

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2007, 08:58:46 PM »
Bob

Yes, I (finally) got the Sun Mountain Bag.  I carried it on Sunday around a small country club (Lake Albert at Meningie for the Aussies - $20, or $330 a year).  I use it for probably 9 months of the year - great for 13 clubs.  That 14th club seems to be just too much for the bag.

Those North Cal photos above are from April 2006.  The Reverse Old Course and South Cal pictures on other threads over recent months are from March 2007, often complete with GCA bag.  I had a tricky game at Rustic canyon, as Joe Perches also had a GCA bag.  We often went to the wrong bag when we left a green.  LOL.

Did you get two bags Bob?  I think/hope someone did.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2007, 09:13:36 PM »

James,

I agree on the Sun Mountain GCA bag in that it would be great for 13 clubs. I often find myself trying to force a club in there, especially if I have a sweater stored in there. Otherwise, a great carry bag and thank you Jerry Kluger.

I did receive two of the bags. When the first arrived at my office it was addressed to me but had a customs declaration which indicated it was to go to you in Australia. A few days later another arrived with your address and a Canadian customs declaration. Got in touch with Jerry and then with Sun Mountain and determined it would cost more for me to send the bag to you in Australia than it would be for them to manufacture the bag and send it to you. They agreed to the latter.

The beneficiary of their mistake was Jordan Wall who got the second bag I received. He deserved it. \

Hope all is well with you. Truly enjoyed your photos of Cypress. Played there in the early 90's and it brought back great memories.

Thanks.

James Bennett

Re:Cypress Pt Panorama - #15, #16 and #17 - Pac Gr & Olympic Par 3
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 08:45:17 AM »
Two more that I 'found'.

Firstly, Olympic on the Par 3 Course, overlooking the Ocean

Secondly, Pacific Grove on the back nine.

thanks for the kind words, my pleasure.

James B
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 08:46:23 AM by James Bennett »
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

James Bennett

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 08:50:44 AM »
James too fabulosa picturantes. Now check that software again and sea( ;)) if you can't add sound
- seals honking
- gulls cwarking
- waves crashing

Nah too perfect, I'm saving up for my own trip one day.  Thanks

Tony, looking west from the 17th tee at CPC - sorry, no sound.  Yes, seals, gulls and waves.  8)

James B

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 03:04:50 PM »
James,

Please take pity on a pour transplanted soul such as myself who used to live in the general area but am now transplanted to the high desert of Utah...

You gotta stop posting all of these amazing pics, they are just torturing me to no end..   :-[  ;)

Great job on the pics by the way.  My camera has the same Panorama option on it.  I guess I really need to learn how to use it now.  ;D

David Stamm

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

Secondly, Pacific Grove on the back nine.

thanks for the kind words, my pleasure.

James B

One of my very fav holes I've ever played. Thanks James!
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

James Bennett

Re:Cypress Pt Panoramas - Pac Gr & Olympic Par 3 - Plainfield
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 08:59:01 AM »
One from the USA East Coast.  Plainfield.

It is from the 9th tee, looking at #10 green and #11 tee, #17 hole behind and through to the edge of the short #11 par 3.  There are more spectacular views at Plainfield, but this gives a feel for the opening up of the course, and it is a Panorama that worked (not all do).

James B
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 09:00:19 AM by James Bennett »

Steve Pozaric

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »
James:

Great pictures.  Hope you don't mind me adding one I took last December:  

Canon G3 with the photostitch program it came with.
Steve Pozaric

James Bennett

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »
Bump, .....

for Michael Wharton-Palmer

oh, and Steve Pozaric, nice panorama pic.  Was it an easy combination panorama for you - I had real trouble initially getting the left side to merge properly.  The Isthmus of Moriarty disappeared on the initial attempts.

Interesting the way the different light falls on the ocean between your photo and mine (Aidan Bradley would know all about this).  I was probably at #16 around 11am, and the sky was clear, with the morning shower having cleared up any dust in the air.  Ideal really.

James B

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »
Thank you James great pictures.
I was out on the peninsula last week, competing and I could almost smell the ocean again looking at the photographs.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back