News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Craig Van Egmond

Trump course in Scotland running into problems
« on: October 10, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »
Apparently some rare birds are getting in the way...

http://tinyurl.com/29e3x5
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 02:33:28 PM by Craig Edgmand »

Kalen Braley

Re:Trump course in Scotland running into problems
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »
Don't know if its true or not, but sure seemed like a whopper when I read it:

"Each and every golf course I have built has got awards for environmental protection, and I do not think anyone has got as many awards as we have." Trump told reporters at a press conference on the estate. "I believe environmentally, when we are finished, the course will be better environmentally than before we started.

Dan Kelly

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:40 PM »
It's time to watch "Local Hero" again.

Of course, it's always time to watch "Local Hero" again.

Gee, I wish we could get Burt Lancaster to play Donald Trump.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Mark_F

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »
Gee, I wish we could get Burt Lancaster to play Donald Trump.

Or Christopher Lloyd.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:59:46 PM »
Who is designing this course with Trump?  When I went to Scotland last summer there was quite a buzz among the locals and caddies(very negative) about this project as well other American interests in the golf business in their country.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:03:18 PM by Bart Bradley »

David_Tepper

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:34 PM »
Bart Bradley -

Iinitially, the word was Tom Fazio, nephew of the older Tom Fazio, was going to be the GCA. Lately, I recall reading that Martin Hawtree (I think) was coming aboard to design the course. I don't know whether that pushes Fazio the younger out of the picture entirely.

Trump has plans to build 2 courses. He may or may not use the same GCA for both.

DT  

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
Here is a video from CNN with more info on the proposed project.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2007/10/18/black.scotland.trump.cnn
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:37:06 PM by Kalen Braley »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
Wading in, rather in the manner of some big fat baldy avocet, I feel the need to give a 'balanced' viewpoint here. I am the ultimate multi-tasker here. I am a golfer. There, I have admitted it. I am also, an environmentalist - some may say mere mentalist...

I live, breathe, work and play on the bonnie coast of eastern scotland. RESPONSIBLE development is VERY allowed. What is viewed dimly is development which kills things, immutably changes things, causes harm to an existing environment, makes an irreversible alteration to NATURE.

Pretty noble causes. Various governmental agencies will, lawfully, chew your bollocks off should you attempt to circumvent said practices.

Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities for appeal, to present learned comment, to mitigate. That is the way of British law.

A balanced view will normally out.

The Trump PROPOSALS will be given every opportunity. Opposing voices WILL be heard. BALANCE will be the result.

Zum beispiel, I'd guess T could develop here more easily than he could in California. Speaks volumes to me...

My vision...? He'll gain permission, create a protected wildlife wilderness, be lauded by all the agencies, gain a Knighthood or at least an MBE and die a happy laddie, buried by the first tee of his beloved golf course....

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Michael Dugger

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:15:20 PM »
"Each and every golf course I have built has got awards for environmental protection, and I do not think anyone has got as many awards as we have." Trump told reporters at a press conference on the estate. "I believe environmentally, when we are finished, the course will be better environmentally than before we started.

Nice grammer, Donald, it is almost as bad as this girl....

What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 08:40:29 PM »

Nice grammer, Donald, it is almost as bad as this girl....

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back