News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

The Clemson Tigers have had a good PR year with representation in the Walker Cup and the President's Cup. Now, their assistant golf coach, Jordan Byrd, has made the Quarter-finals of the USGA Mid-Am. Go Tigers!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:17:56 AM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Brent Hutto

Re:Clemson Asst. Coach makes Sweet 16 of Mid-Am! Go Tigers!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 04:34:35 PM »
Would that be the "other" J. Byrd? His photo on the MidAm web page looks like a dead ringer for his brother.

There's also a guy named Jarrett Grimes listed in the round of 16 who's from Columbia but I don't recall having heard his name before.

P.S. I see from the handicap system that Grimes is from Northwoods.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 04:35:34 PM by Brent Hutto »

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 04:45:31 PM »
Jordan Byrd is Jonathan Byrd's older brother!

I don't know Jarrett Grimes but he is obviously a Player. He shows up in all the SCGA and CGA tournament results.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Joe Fairey

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 04:55:02 PM »
I don't know Jarrett...however, I can tell you all..that if he plays at Northwoods, especially on Friday, he is a stick...The Friday 'game' there is as strong as it gets...'no game'...
'no stay around very long'... I think you'll know what I mean..

Steve Kline

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 06:31:42 PM »
I saw Jordan at the tourney - for a second I thought "How in the hell is Jonathan Byrd playing in this tournament?"

Tom Lehman's brother, Jim, also carries the family resemblance. He was putting on the green with his back toward me and you would've sworn it was Tom. Same stance, same putter, everything.

I played with Jarret Grimes the first two days at the Mid-Am. He birdied #1 on the Trails to advance on the first hole of the playoff. He played some mini tours for awhile and this is his first year with his amateur status back. I think my wife heard from his mom that he's like a +5 handicap. My wife also said he teaches at a golf school in South Carolina. Nice guy, good player - obviously.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 07:19:09 PM »
Jarrett Grimes is listed as a USGA +5.7 index at Northwoods. When I found his name listed there I assumed he was one of those famed Friday bandits to which Joe refers. No hacks need apply.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back