News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Leary

Re:WA GCA'ers (TIMES HAVE BEEN MADE!!)
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2007, 10:55:59 AM »
Jason,

Just like photos fail to reveal the severity of features of a golf course, they likewise fail to reveal how severely bad those jeans and shoes were.

And hair.

Photos do make cart paths look a lot worse than they really are though, don't they?

I was a little disappointed in the course myself, based on what I had heard from Cos, whose opinion I respect. The hole above with the water was totally blind from the tee, and if you hit it more than 230 from blue tee, it went in the water. Don't like that.

Greens were very interesting however.

Garland Bayley

Re:WA GCA'ers (TIMES HAVE BEEN MADE!!)
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2007, 10:59:21 AM »
As a side not I wasn't as fond of The Home Course as others.  While I liked the front nine, I thought that the back nine, for the most part, was mediocre at best.  The walk from 10 to 11 was beyond ridiculous.

What about the walk from 17 to 18. I guess if Rees can have the same walk between 1 and 2 at Sandpines, then the Home Course can have the same between 17 and 18. NOT!

Not sure what others you are talking about. I think you could probably get a pretty good concensus from the players that would put Chambers in the first tier, Olympic in the second tier. And Home Course in a third tier.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:01:38 AM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back