News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Fed Ex Cup..New Qualifier
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:41:32 PM »
The San Jose Mercury Sports Page, mentions Tom Huckaby's winning the Club Championship at the Santa Theresa G.C. over the weekend.

Celebration and free drinks all round for GCA'ers.

Bob

Tom Huckaby

Re:Fed Ex Cup..New Qualifier
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 12:53:56 PM »
LOL

Thanks Bob - that reminds me I need to get out of here and make my flight out to New York for the Barclay's.

;D ;D

This was fun for me and I appreciate the kudos.  Heck yeah, you all should have been there yesterday as the Coors Light was flowing.

Anyone interested in the details of this motley event, check out:

http://www.stmgc.com/

It ain't exactly like winning the Crump Cup, but I'll take it.

;D ;D

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:25:12 PM »
What was better the $200 or the 2 fedex cup points?

Congratulations Huckster.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

PThomas

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 01:32:44 PM »
well done bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 01:36:38 PM »
Youamdeman!!!

(But Ariel has a WAY cooler hat).

best,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 01:41:06 PM »
LOL
Thanks guys.

Mike - of course it's the FedEx points.  ;D

And FBD, Ariel is cooler than me by any possible measure.  I'm just honored to be on the same page with him.   ;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 01:42:08 PM »

Assuming this was taken after the last hole, you look remarkably fresh and obviously could have endured many more holes had the need arose.  

Nice going...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 01:45:30 PM »
BTW, how long do you have to live to start collecting the handsome annuity?  ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Doug Wright

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 01:48:13 PM »
Well done TH! Like fine wine, you're getting better with age!
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »
Oh man, I am dying....

Thank the Lord they didn't take a pic after the conclusion of the final - I was a mess.  That pic was taken on the first tee before the start of the semifinal...

BTW, can anyone pick out the logo on the shirt?  Let's just say that Geoffrey Childs will either be pleased or disgraced.  You can't really see it....

YALE!  Tough son of a bitch bulldog.  I wear that in darn near all serious matches.  It inspires me to live up to the logo.

;D

wsmorrison

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »
Well done, Tom.  Is that a Yale Bulldog on your shirt?

Not to steal any thunder, are there other current club champions among our 1500?

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 01:55:04 PM »
Well done, Tom.  Is that a Yale Bulldog on your shirt?

Not to steal any thunder, are there other current club champions among our 1500?
YES!

Great catch, Wayne.  See my previous post.  And thanks.  I too would like to hear others' tales... there must be a few... but maybe the many truly great golfers here don't play in a club that's as easy to win as mine.

;)

Glenn Spencer

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 01:56:35 PM »
Congrats TH!! Way to go. Of course none of us one here can cash our winning tickets on TH, yet. The website says that the results are unofficial until the competition is declared closed. I hope there is not a steward's inquiry.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
Congrats TH!! Way to go. Of course none of us one here can cash our winning tickets on TH, yet. The website says that the results are unofficial until the competition is declared closed. I hope there is not a steward's inquiry.

;D ;D ;D
Dying at this one.  Hell yes let's hope there are no inquiries.  I'm spent.

;D

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »
Tom, I was just going to ask about what shirt you wear when competing in the club championships.  Two schools of thought, various shirts all with the club you are in each day.  A combo of shirts from venues you hold in high regard, and the men's club shirt on the final day. Lord knows as America's guest, you have a fine wardrobe of potential shirt selections...  ;)

I have to wonder at such things because these days I am a 2 or 3 shirt per round mess in the heat and humidity.  

This year, the first day, when I had the heat stroke, it was home local club-Wild Horse, Sutton Bay,  Second day, upon slight recovery, it was Cusco-home local club, Hazeltine, third day, BallyNeal, all day...   8)

I hear Peter Herreid can play a 100 day tournament without going to the laundry...  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:02:44 PM by RJ_Daley »

Doug Sobieski

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 02:12:45 PM »
TH:

Congrats on the closest to the hole on #14. I'm guessing it must have hit the flag and kicked down a slope. Otherwise, I'm sure it would have been substantially closer  ;D

Beating the #1 seed in the opening round!!! You are awesome.

Way to go!

Sobe

John Keenan

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 02:14:25 PM »
TH

Congratulations on a great job.

BTW  Did you walk, or ride a Segway which is the mode of transportation at STGC   ;D
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »
RJD:  the sick thing is I give stuff like that a LOT of consideration.  I have very strenuous self-imposed rules about logoes.  One thing for sure is I never never never have two different courses - that is, one on shirt, one on hat.  If I have a course logo hat, it's got to be something else on the shirt (like Yahoo! corporate, NCGA, manufacturer, Arsenal football, anything but a course).

The Yale one works though, because I've talked myself into thinking that's a logo for the GOLF TEAM from the school as much as the course.  So I did kinda bend my self imposed rules on that day... the sunglasses obscure the hat... but it's from....

FRIAR'S HEAD.

A place I have never seen, but from which a nice GCAer sent me a hat.

The blue went together nicely I thought, and the FH logo is just obscure enough so that outside of playing with someone in this forum, I'd never get called on the two courses rule.

To continue this silly tangent... yesterday's attire for the final was logo-less North Face hot-weather shirt (white, high-tech moisture wick material) plus cap from the course that means the most to me, worn on a day of a very very meaningful round to me....

SAND HILLS.

Had to be done.  These things help one's emotional state, when one is a wreck like me.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 02:16:09 PM »
Sobe - that KP just shows what kinda group ours is.   ;D

JK - man those Segways are DANGEROUS.  People crash them all the time.  It is funny to see guys on those from far away.. they look like they're flying.   ;D

Walking it was for me.  

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 02:34:01 PM »
man...and to think I knew him when he was just an average dewsweeper at Jeffersonville muni.  

Nice going, TH!  ;D

Jay Flemma

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2007, 02:35:18 PM »
Congratulations, Tom Huckaby!  Nice lookin out Bob Huntley:)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »
I have to say I continue to get a real kick out of this, and thus beg indulgence from all for the obvious departure from architectural discussions.

So thanks, Mike and thanks, Jay.  Mike, that's OK, I'll still play with you any time.  You just have to carry the clubs.

;D ;D ;D

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »
Y O U   'D A   M A N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 03:52:02 PM »
Y O U   'D A   M A N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8)

I owe it all to short-game tips given from the master, the King's Putter Killer.  Interestingly while I didn't pitch in like a certain someone, I did make a very crucial fine late match pitch shot.

Thanks, my friend.

;D

Jay Flemma

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 05:36:03 PM »
I have to say I continue to get a real kick out of this, and thus beg indulgence from all for the obvious departure from architectural discussions.

So thanks, Mike and thanks, Jay.  Mike, that's OK, I'll still play with you any time.  You just have to carry the clubs.

;D ;D ;D

No problem...I'll even cut you a deal, $90 flat rate, no tip necessary.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back