News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Castle Stuart Hydroseeding Video
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:09:25 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMg9Mh0Sfj4

Who here knows I have a goat named Stuart?

Ogallala makes the WSJ, the Fed cuts rates, and now this.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 11:06:23 AM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Marty Bonnar

Re:Castle Stuart Hydroseeding Video
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »
Some pretty dubious Health & Safety Site Practices there! If I was high-power spraying liquid chicken-doodie, I'd at least wear a mask!!! ;D

Speaking of which, do the US archies find H&S issues becoming more and more 'relevant' day-to-day onsite? We are having a nightmare with the new CDM Regs in this country. We'll soon need a permit, a risk assessment, a mitigating policy, an environmental statement and an emissions test for a fart.

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:38:56 PM »
That is as funky hydroseeding video as I have ever seen... ;D

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »
Martin:

The health & safety regulations in Scotland and in Australia were a good bit more stringent as regards golf course construction than they are in the USA.

In truth, though, I don't even know what the codes in the US say, and they are very rarely enforced, due to the high level of construction and very low number of inspectors.  (We currently have a VERY pro-business administration, if you hadn't noticed.)

Ron Farris

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »
Adam,

That was a very interesting video.  The shooter seemed pretty wild with the gun, IMHO.

The seeding of your course, Ballyneal, was much more precise I dare say.  I have some pictures of the seeding of hole 14 in my archives, but I am not about to go searching.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 11:46:04 AM »
Martin, Are you sure they use chicken skatt?

I was under the impression it was newspaper pulp, all the news that fit to shit.
Ron, I did see Rich handle the hydro-monster and you are right, he was much more deliberate.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:50:47 AM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 04:01:24 PM »
Tom,
we've really gone overboard with the safety stuff here now. Much of it is Euro legislation. Having been to the training courses and seen some of the hilarious - and downright scary! - videos of dubious site practices, maybe it's actually a good thing.

Adam,
you are correct. The bulk of the spray is pulped, well, Pulp! And damn efficient it is too. Really a great way to quickly cover and establish a sward.
However, there is usually a smattering of 'fertiliser' in there too. Sometimes that'll maybe even be chemical... ;)

FBD.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:05:06 PM by Martin Glynn Bonnar »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mike McGuire

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:37 PM »

Likely they used a drill to put the seed in the ground and are only hydro-mulching.

Will Hubbard

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »
of course the best part of that video was the soundtrack.  my guess is that nobody else posting on this site knows the artist other than me.   ;D nobody else cares either probably.

Grant Saunders

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
Will

Would you be the one Don Henly sings about when he says he sees the deadhead sticker in "Boys of Summer"?

paul cowley

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 06:09:26 PM »
Hey ....welcome aboard Grant! [even if I don't have a clue  what you are talking about]  ;)  [well, a little maybe].
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:11:18 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

RJ_Daley

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 06:40:40 PM »
Adam, nice find on U-tube.  Just think, with Gil and his posse over there perfecting the 'chunking and revetting' they will hopefully be bringing back their ever perfecting techniques to Valentine, someday... I hope.  

I first saw that chunking method being utilized by Mike O'Neil when they were building Bayside.  Mike was very good at it as well.  But, the revetting being incorporated is a new twist.  Very cool stuff....  8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 08:32:53 PM »
To give credit where it's due, a long time ago poster, Colin Sheehan, provided me with the link to Youtube. Undoubetly he is Crooklyn.

I also suspect Colin is responsible for the music butonly because of his "Bayonne on the go" video he last sent out..

Colin, a skilled writer, pretty much left his gig writing after seeing Kingsbarns. He soughtout MarK P and was fortunate to help work constructing Castle Stuart. He also has a sentimental attachment to Bayonne, having helped out with some of the later work.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back