News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

Nuzzo's Course in Golf Course Architecture
« on: June 22, 2007, 10:31:20 AM »
I just received my copy of the 10th edition of this magazine.  I have not gotten through much of it yet but found Mike Nuzzo's description of his course project to be an interesting read.  The illustrations reveal what looks to be a terrific course that fits closely my ideal of an interesting challenge that rarely if ever forces one to search for golf balls.

Congrats to those associated with the magazine and to Mike for an interesting article.

RJ_Daley

Re:Nuzzo's Course in Golf Course Architecture
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:45:47 AM »
I hope Mike can give us a pictoral update sometime soon.  From the timeline, he must be pretty close to ready to play on some of the holes... Was all the recent rain down there a good thing or bad thing for them at the grow-in site?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 01:41:37 PM »
Hey,
Thank you Jason.
Neil is a super guy he did a wonderful job with those 10 issues.  They are most excellent, I was honored to be included.  He did express a wish to not edit down a few bits in my essay.  I used several quotes that helped the transistions and I think it flows better pre-edit - the meat is still there however.  I will post the director's cut eventually.

RJ,
Originally we planned to build in stages to get some holes open, then move to the next.  The construction - shaping and irrgation - worked so well, that we did the whole kitten caboodle.  We are doing the same with the plating and grassing - kind of.

So the rain wasn't so great when a direct hit.  

I've also just started a blog to document the final few months of the project.  It is due some additional refinement, but for you guys...

http://nuzzogolfcoursedesign.blogspot.com/

Comments on the blog are most welcome.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:31:16 PM by Mike Nuzzo »
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »
For those of you wondering, I'm unsure but this may be a "kitten cabbodle" .  Or was what Mike doing a Kit and cabbodle?  ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:49:36 PM by Kalen Braley »

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 09:43:05 AM »
RJ,
As I type this it's raining. Poured yesterday and the day before. Got into the shop today at 6am thinking I'd start to get things cleaned up...and it started up again.
Can you sense my frustration >:(

The rain has set us back quite a bit...in terms of a completion date...to answer your question.

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »
Hey,
Thank you Jason.
Neil is a super guy he did a wonderful job with those 10 issues.  They are most excellent, I was honored to be included.  He did express a wish to not edit down a few bits in my essay.  I used several quotes that helped the transistions and I think it flows better pre-edit - the meat is still there however.  I will post the director's cut eventually.

RJ,
Originally we planned to build in stages to get some holes open, then move to the next.  The construction - shaping and irrgation - worked so well, that we did the whole kitten caboodle.  We are doing the same with the plating and grassing - kind of.

So the rain wasn't so great when a direct hit.  

I've also just started a blog to document the final few months of the project.  It is due some additional refinement, but for you guys...

http://nuzzogolfcoursedesign.blogspot.com/

Comments on the blog are most welcome.

Cheers

Thanks guys! The whole process of bringing a course to life is fascinating for those of us not in the industry.
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back