News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Steve_ Shaffer

Bramhall GC, Chesire, UK
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:17:48 AM »
I recently received an invite to play this course near Manchester. Any thoughts?

www.bramhallgolfclub.com
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Philip Gawith

Re:Bramhall GC, Chesire, UK
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »
Mr Rowlinson is surely your man!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »
Steve, such an invitation could easily lead into a few days of top notch golf courses!  Delamere Forest SE of Manchester is terrific, not too far NW are Hoylake and Wallasey.  

Mark will have the details on Bramhall. You might try a Google search as he has posted websites and critiques for a large number of Cheshire golf courses here on GCA.com.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 02:49:28 PM »
Bramhall is a pleasant suburban parkland course with quite a few depressions on the approaches to greens, as I recall.  It's nothing special, but if the company is right it will be enjoyable.  If you can't make it to the Lancashire or Cheshire coast to play one of the big courses you are not far from Reddish Vale which is a MacKenzie course with plenty of character and if you make contact with the Secretary, Rod Dean, he'll make you very welcome.  Cavendish is a great fun MacKenzie course in Buxton.  However, one caveat:  it's been pretty wet here over the past week or two and both Reddish Vale and Cavendish might be a bit slippery underfoot on the slopes.  

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 03:19:47 PM »
Steve, How rude of me!  I hope we'll have the chance of meeting up when you are over here.  Even if I'm away I could ask my son to give you a round at Wilmslow, again pleasant parkland golf.  Do e-mail me with details of when you are coming over here and I'm sure I can arrange something.  Best wishes,  Mark.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
Mark

Thanks. This could be a trip in September or October IF my passport ever gets renewed.

I'll let you know.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 05:21:31 AM »
Steve, With that sort of notice I'm sure we can arrange as much golf as you want.  Mark.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back