News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

All right, just got some cool news from JohnV.

Don Wolff has very graciously offered to host a dinner get together at Fox Chapel Country Club on Thursday evening at 7:00. The preliminary arrangements are a buffet dinner and cash bar, $40 a person, limited to 30 people total. We will be dining in the President's Room, which is on an upper floor of the beautiful clubhouse, overlooking a good bit of the course. I believe there may even be a speaker or two who will discuss the course and recent work on it. Dress is business casual, long pants, collared shirt, sportcoat preferred.

Fox Chapel is definitely a wonderful place, and you shouldn't miss out on this opportunity to dine with friends at such a special place.

Please contact John or myself if you plan to attend. As I indicated earlier, the dinner will be limited to 30 people, so please try to let us know asap.

Here's my contact info:

George Pazin
georgep@choiceonemail.com
(412) 401-3747 cell

We'll still plan on the practice round at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, and if anyone is available other days/evenings, either to walk to course or have lunch/dinner/beers, please let me know when, and I will try to hook you up with other interested gca'ers.

I need to get a number to our host tomorrow, Tuesday, so anyone who hasn't spoken to me, via email or private message, and plans to attend, please let me know asap.

My own plans for the week are as follows:

Tomorrow - I'm shooting for the afternoon, will depend on how tomorrow's print run goes.

Wednesday - Again, afternoon. I'm planning on attending the practice round get together.

Thursday - I'm looking to meet up with Matt Ward Thursday morning at 9 a.m. Meeting changed to 12:30. Matt said he'll be wearing a large beige Aussie hat. I'll probably be wearing my lime green Bent Fish ball cap - it stands out! He's planning on being at the practice range then, for anyone else who cares to join us.

Friday - Probably afternoon - again depends on work.

Saturday - As much of the day as possible.

Sunday - ? Maybe early. I'm hosting a Father's Day dinner in the evening, so I won't be staying long.

Monday's playoff round - I'll be there! :)

If anyone would care to meet up at any point, let me know - contact info is above.

Sorry for taking up golfclubatlas space for this stuff, but this is a once every 10 years kind of thing for me, I hope you can understand. Here's hoping for a smooth and problem free work week.

CHANGE: Meeting site for Wednesday 2:30 pm practice round get together is NOW THE FIRST GREEN. Several have told me the practice green area is the most congested area on the course, so we decided it would be best to meet up down by the first green. I will be hanging around the practice green to catch anyone who didn't find out. We'll hang at the first green till about 2:45. I'll be wearing khaki shorts, a white golf shirt and a lime green ball cap (that's my attempt at standing out, which does not come naturally to me :)).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:39:55 AM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Sweeney

Re:Sorry, last time: US Open plans
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:02:44 PM »
I am very sorry that I'll miss it. My best to all who will attend. Have a great time at Oakmont- I'll be waiting to hear the analysis and stories.
"Hope and fear, hope and Fear, that's what people see when they play golf. Not me. I only see happiness."

" Two things I beleive in: good shoes and a good car. Alligator shoes and a Cadillac."

Moe Norman

George Pazin

Re:Sorry, last time: US Open plans
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:37:32 PM »
Only a couple bumps left, folks, then I'll stop.

Didn't make it out today, either, I'm 0 for 2. >:( Whoever says self-employed people make their own hours has never been self-employed.

Anyway, tomorrow is the practice round get together, 2:30 pm at the practice green. Hopefully I won't be making the tour by myself. :)

See ya.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

Re:Sorry, last time: US Open plans - IMPORTANT: MEETING SITE CHANGE
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »
CHANGE: Meeting site for Wednesday 2:30 pm practice round get together is NOW THE FIRST GREEN. Several have told me the practice green area is the most congested area on the course, so we decided it would be best to meet up down by the first green. I will be hanging around the practice green to catch anyone who didn't find out. We'll hang at the first green till about 2:45. I'll be wearing khaki shorts, a white golf shirt and a lime green ball cap (that's my attempt at standing out, which does not come naturally to me :)).

JohnV

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 02:42:04 PM »
Sorry I wasn't able to meet with all of you.

I got my rules assignments for the next two days.

I'll be out at 8:28 off the first tee tomorrow with:

Retief Goosen
Luke Donald
Angel Cabrera

Friday I'm with the first group off #1 at 7:00:
Jason Duffner
Darren Fichardt
Chris Stroud

George Pazin

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 08:48:47 PM »
Wow, John got some big guns for the first round.

I have to apologize to anyone who tried to attend the practice round get together. Never did I imagine there would be hundreds of spectators surrounding the practice green. I assumed a practice round would be relatively empty. I'm sorry about my US Open naivete. I hung out till about 2:45, near the big clock, and then headed down to the first green. It ended up just Jay and me, but we had a nice jaunt.

The skies really opened up for awhile there. I had to hang out in the merch tent, which is only slightly smaller than the monster par 3 8th, to avoid the lightning.

If anyone is still interested in meeting up, I am planning on meeting Matt Ward at the practice range tomorrow (Thursday) at 12:30 pm. Matt will be wearing the beige Aussie style hat, I'll be wearing my lime green Bent Fish hat.

Here's hoping that's the last of the rain.

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:49:34 AM »
Bumping for JohnV - his 3 guys are tearing up the course, a combined 4 under through 4 holes.

Damn that rain....

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »
Have fun at the Open. The USGA seems to be behind the curve on web service as all I have been getting from their site is "busy or unavailable".
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back