News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Sandusky, OH Environs
« on: June 01, 2007, 02:39:05 PM »
My teens are coaster groupies so we're likely headed to Cedar Point this summer.  As yours truly is "exceptional size" I am fortunately excused from the thrills.  Any course recommendations between Toledo and Cleveland?

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Billsteele

Re:Sandusky, OH Environs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 03:17:23 PM »
Mike-Down the road in Huron is Sawmill Creek which is an early Tom Fazio design. It used to be reasonably priced, the course is decent but hardly memorable. About 16 miles from Sandusky is Norwalk which is the home of Eagle Creek. It is a very good public course designed by Brian Huntley (an Art Hills protege). Closer to Cleveland is Grey Hawk in Lagrange which is a Robert Von Hagge course dropped into the farmlands of Ohio. It is pretty decent for a Florida course transplanted to Ohio. Toledo is about an hour drive from the home of the Top Fuel Dragster (one of Cedar Point's numerous thrill rides). If you can access it, Inverness is definitely worth the effort. Otherwise, Maumee Bay is the best of the publics that I have played. It is an Art Hills design that is well done with a faux links look and the wind off of Lake Erie being a constant factor.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 03:22:39 PM by Billsteele »

Evan Fleisher

Re:Sandusky, OH Environs
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
Bogey,

My new job in Cleveland has me working in Huron every day...which is less than 10 miles from Sandusky.

I'm not all that familiar with the area golf yet, but please keep in touch and let me know when/if you'll be in the area...maybe we'll go "exploring" the golf scene together...either locally near Sandusky or back over in the greater Cleveland area.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back