News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Gambler V. Chicken
« on: May 31, 2007, 12:09:44 AM »
In the recent RW interview, Mr. Whitten states;

George Fazio was just the opposite. He never put a bunker on the inside of a dogleg. He put the bunker on the outside of a dogleg. The inside was for the gambler; he didn't want to punish the gambler. He put one on the outside to punish the chicken. It all makes this game that much more fascinating.

Fascinating or Cruel?

Dictating or Framing?

Boring or Anti-Strategy or What?

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

John Kavanaugh

Re:Gambler V. Chicken
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 12:28:52 AM »
It was simply a courtesy to the hack that thought he took a gamble when he pulled his drive to the inside of the dog leg.  Hacks don't aim at the inside of a dogleg...like most dogs they only get inside the leg when they are done serving the master.  That master being talent...to which they have none but do imply through the odd jerk of the coincidence of timing.  God does smile on the man who will never shoot his age or reach the age for which he shoots.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:30:19 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 12:33:23 AM »
God does smile on the man who will never shoot his age or reach the age for which he shoots.

Barney,

I have shot my age a couple of times lately but for a while I thought I thought I would have to steal the identity of a ninety year old to do it.

Bob

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
I shot my age a couple of months ago....

Cause when I hit the turn after the front 9 I said to hell with it and bailed..  ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 12:30:38 PM by Kalen Braley »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back