News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

The Principal's Nose Blog
« on: May 28, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »
Here's an interesting take on Golf Course Architecture (among other things) from a blog known as The Principal's Nose. A sample from the beginning

The Principal is not a student of golf course architecture but more a believer in the story and the journey in which we embark throughout a round of golf. To me that is the essence of a good golf course and much more so than the “strategic thinking” placed on each shot and each hole. Sure, strategy plays its part, but like the old philosophy often trotted out, a round of golf draws parallels with life. There are good times and bad, there is the mundane and the thrilling, there is ugliness and beauty and there is our history and our present!

He goes on to explain why the nature of golf and the character of Scotland's people are one and the same as well as referenced the general suckitude of the K Club. Good stuff, wonder who this guy is...

http://principalsnose.blogspot.com/2007/05/golf-courses-and-culture-behind-them.html
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 08:50:55 AM by Brent Hutto »

Tom Roewer

Re:The Principal's Nose Blog
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
Thanks brent!  I don't know who he is, but i like what he says.

Voytek Wilczak

Re:The Principal's Nose Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:58:32 AM »
To the extent that for the overwhelming majority of world's golfers the "strategy" is limited to keeping it in the short grass and two-putting, the Principal has a point.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back