News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Don_Mahaffey

Eastern/Central Europe
« on: April 29, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »
We just lost our shaper, Jacob Cope, to a project in Croatia. Jacob's is very talented and has done a great job for us.
Although we hate to lose Jacob, we've basically completed the shaping phase with only the sand plating and finishing remaining.  

What amazed me was the number of projects currently under way in areas that was once the behind the iron curtain. And some of the land looks damn nice for golf. Anyone here working in Eastern Europe? Anyone seen any of the recently completed projects or those currently underway?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:01:11 PM by Don_Mahaffey »

Bill_McBride

Re:Eastern/Central Europe
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 10:48:48 PM »
The coast of the former Yugoslavian republics is allegedly beautiful beaches and could have some great linksland.  I wonder if that's the part of Croatia where these courses are being built.

It might be a lot less expensive to visit than Scotland these days!  :o

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:03:51 AM »
Don- Im working in Eastern Europe, Bulgaria in particular, some of the land is amazing, its almost like going back 150 years. There are probably going to be 100+ projects in Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Rep and Romania over the next couple of years. There are a few pics of the site im working on here www.theplayersgolfclub.com (then go to Bulgaria)
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Buck Wolter

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »
Adrian,

Where are the architects coming from?
Regional, US, Europe, the builder network or no architects?

Builder Network = client goes to builder first

Cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »
Mike, the ones around the project im working on in Bulgaria are Nicklaus, Gary Player x2, Ian Woosnam and Terry Murray.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 07:26:02 PM »
Some stuff on golf courses in Poland:

1. Krakow Valley - Ronald Fream

http://www.krakow-valley.com/index/index.php?jezyk=en

2. Modry Las Golf Club - Gary Player

www.modrylas.com

3. Mazury Golf Club - Hawtree Ltd

http://www.mazurygolf.pl/klub/klub.php

4. Postolowo Golf Club - Jeremy Turner

http://www.golf.com.pl/english.html

5. Sand Valley Golf Club - Lassi Pekka Tilander

http://sandvalley.pl/sandvalley.html

Overall Poland has lots of sandy soil and heathland. The game of golf was totally unknown there 15 years ago.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 10:46:32 AM »
Voytek, I was in Poland a number of times in the 80s and there were still many farmers working with horse power.  It struck me then, as I passed through perfect land for heathland golf courses, that this was the perfect opportunity to go back to using horse and scraper.  But when I went back to Poland a few years ago the farmers were now working with state-of-the-art Mercedes tractors and I suppose that opportunity has been lost.

Scott Warren

Re: Eastern/Central Europe
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:20:32 AM »
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I stumbled across the sites for Krakow Valley Country Club in Poland and Prosper Country Club in the Czech Republic and the prices were quite reasonable.

Both offer horse riding, which greatly enhances my chances of getting my girlfriend to agree to spending a weekend there.

But the question is this: is either course worth playing?

Has anyone got any info on either course?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back