News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff Shelman

Masters practice rounds
« on: March 24, 2007, 02:52:21 PM »
I now find myself in position to actually go over to Augusta for a day or so after next week's Final Four. That wasn't a given before because of some work responsibilities.

For those of you who have gone, how difficult is it to get a practice round ticket for Tuesday or Wednesday? Are people selling them on the street?

Any help/advice would be great. Thanks.

Ken Moum

Re:Masters practice rounds
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 03:00:10 PM »
When I was there a couple of years ago, there were several people selling practice rounds passes on Wash. Road.  They were well away from the course... in the vicinty of Hooters.

K
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Eric Franzen

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »
There are a bunch of tickets for the practice rounds available on ebay, if you do a search on there.

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »
You can score a FREE practice badge from folks leaving the grounds in the early afternoon.

There's always a few patrons leaving early, and some of them will just hand you the badge for the asking.

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 09:56:22 PM »
Jeff -- If you bring $100 in cash, you'll find a practice round ticket fairly early in the day on Washington Rd. I think the scalper's price varies from year to year, but you shouldn't have to pay more than that, and likely you'll pay quite a bit less. (At least, that's what it says in "Amen Corner." ;D When I was there in 2005, I saw lots of people selling tickets outside the gates.)

A freebie from an exiting spectator for a few afternoon hours sounds good if you're trying to cut costs, but if you want to take in the full scope of the place in one day, you need more time than that. Good luck -- it's a great experience.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back