News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re:Rate Muirfield
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2007, 01:46:19 PM »
I voted Muirfield a 10 a couple of minutes ago.  As usual, my vote factors in the complete experience as a very important factor.  I thought the par 3s were a bit alike but if you played the back tees, #13 is a beast uphill to that angled green, and I suspect #16 can play up to 200 yards.

Are there finer cross bunkers anywhere?  #17's could be the most daunting in golf, and certainly #8 and #10 are not to be sneered at.  #15 is interesting as the member tees must carry the cross bunkers while the back tee player doesn't have to.

Anyone confused between #12 and #14 needs a memory jog - #12 is shortish, downhill, steep fall off left, while #14 is much longer, difficult fairway bunkering and a wicked green with a ridge running from 10 to 4 that definitely affected putts.

The lunch and bar weren't bad either!  All in all, the "day at Muirfield" is a gem in the world of golf.

Doug Siebert

Re:Rate Muirfield
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2007, 02:37:13 AM »
What do the !? and ?! signify?  Is !? something you think may be great but have reservations about, and ?! is something you have reservations about but realize you may be too dumb to see its hidden greatness?
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back