News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

KBanks

Re:Peachtree
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 06:09:53 PM »
Joel,

I haven't seen Peachtree since the renovation work was completed. I understand the course was lengthened to approximately 7400 yards from the back tees, if memory serves. (Championship tees were 7000 yards or so before).

I don't think any other substantive changes were made, other than the agronomic changes noted previously.

Ken

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 08:36:02 PM »
Ken:
I thought the same thing except some time ago I noticed on TDI's web site they talked about moving this huge amount of dirt.  When I went to the web site today, that verbage is gone but there are a number of pictures and new details but not in a form I could cut and paste.

http://www.tdigolf.com/home.html

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 09:11:07 PM »
Well, I played Peachtree ten years ago, and will do so again next month, as part of the ASGCA meeting in Atlanta.

I also find Peachtree to be excellent accounting software!
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 07:15:00 AM »
I had the pleasure of playing 36 at Peachtree yesterday. I was wondering what kind of grass they used on the greens. It looked like Champion Bermuda but my group and I would not figure it out. The course is truely a treat to play although the new back tees at 7414 makes the course a true bear.

Lawrence

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
Lawerence,
  If memory serves me right, the greens are bentgrass. Wheatehr they are a1/a4, L-93 or Crenshaw, I don't know.

Jeff Doerr,
  You also asked how old the pics were on the golfarchitecturepictures .com website-Well, I can tell you that I'm in the pics at The Creek Club and at Quague Field club and that was when I was at Friar's Head in 2001.

Tony Nysse
Sr. Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Jeff Doerr

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 09:32:36 AM »
Thanks Tony
"And so," (concluded the Oldest Member), "you see that golf can be of
the greatest practical assistance to a man in Life's struggle.”

John Kirk

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:21 AM »
Question to those who have played the course.  Did you walk away from the experience feeling the course offered a good strategic challenge?  Examples include:

risk and reward
playing angles
playing to the low part of greens to stay below the hole

Were there times when you thought you played to the proper angle of attack, and discovered you were wrong?

In short, is it a good strategic design, or merely an exceptional walk through the park.

It looks more like Augusta National than any course I've seen.  
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 09:57:50 AM by John Kirk »

Mike_Young

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
Question to those who have played the course.  Did you walk away from the experience feeling the course offered a good strategic challenge?  Examples include:

risk and reward
playing angles
playing to the low part of greens to stay below the hole

Were there times when you thought you played to the proper angle of attack, and discovered you were wrong?

In short, is it a good strategic design, or merely an exceptional walk through the park.

It looks more like Augusta National than any course I've seen.  
It is better than ANGC.....IMHO.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 09:39:28 PM »
After playing 36 there yesterday. I would have to say if they had 3 to 4 inch rough they could hold a US open with ease. I really thought on a few hole I was at ANGC. I do believe they might have taken a little strategy out of the course with all the length that they  added. Other than the par 5's at Augusta have so much risk reward thats really the only difference I see in the two courses. I've only walked AGNC and played peachtree.

Lawrence

Lawrence Largent

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »
Another thing I enjoyed about the course is that the fairways were cut right into the bunkers. I really don't understand why most courses let a 2 to 3 foot strip of rough grow around the edges. Alot of times stopping the balls from rolling in. I would also like to say the routing is excellent. He really took you in all directions and the wind really affected the angles that you wanted to take into the greens.

John Kirk

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2007, 01:10:35 AM »
Thanks for the responses.  Everything about it sounds so impressive.  It has to be one of RTJ Senior's best courses, if not his very best.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back