News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re:Wilson and the Committee visit MacDonald and NGLA . . .
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2007, 05:49:24 PM »
You should be proud of yourself, TomH. Patrick seems to have admitted he was wrong and that he misspelt and corrected it the way you asked---well sort of.

I think the Notre Dame education is probably just fine but Patrick's average in English while there was only a 2 (that's 2 out of 100 mind you because that's about the percentage of the time he's right anyway).

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #626 on: January 29, 2007, 05:51:17 PM »
You should be proud of yourself, TomH. Patrick seems to have admitted he was wrong and that he misspelt and corrected it the way you asked---well sort of.

I think the Notre Dame education is probably just fine but Patrick's average in English while there was only a 2 (that's 2 out of 100 mind you because that's about the percentage of the time he's right anyway).

I guess this is the closest anyone's ever come in here to getting Patrick to admit he was wrong... so that is a moral victory.  But I am greedy and want my spoils as well.  I want the testament to the greatness of Santa Clara.

;D ;D

Now back to Merion stuff - sorry for the intrusion.

TH

TEPaul

« Reply #627 on: January 29, 2007, 05:53:22 PM »
I said I thought I was being objective and that provoked a hissie fit of righteous condemnation from one of our contributors??

My Goodness----    ;)

Dr Katz, where are you, we've got somebody in here who needs help and fast.

JESII

« Reply #628 on: January 29, 2007, 05:56:30 PM »
Tom,

David just didn't understand that in your speak you were trying to say that you were being as objective as a totally, completely biased observer could get...he'll come around...

TEPaul

« Reply #629 on: January 29, 2007, 05:56:35 PM »
David:

That post #765 isn't any good either and really shouldn't be on here. Do you really want another war on here with me, because if you do I believe anyone reading this thread can see you are definitely trying to provoke it?

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #630 on: January 29, 2007, 06:01:17 PM »
JES, you are mistaken.  I started this to have a discussion.   That is all I wanted.   Wayne started all this when he called me a liar and an idiot because he apparently does not no how to use google.  And then he refused to back away from his mistake and kept piling it on.  TEPaul piled on.

Plus. I have repeatedly requested in private that we treat each other with politeness and respect, as we likely would if we were face to face.   I was told flat out that this is not the way the internet world worked and if I wanted politeness and respect I had to back away from the Merion issue.  

Imagine how productive this conversation could have been if they had just let it be a conversation, instead of taking the position that I had no idea what I was talking about, that I ought not to post on these things unless and until I knew what they knew, that they knew better, that I was an idiot, etc.  

I hit back when hit.  But they hit when they thought I was attacking merion.  They hit because they did not like the substance of my posts.  They made it personal because they did not like my arguments. That should not be tolerated

Should I have rolled over with these guys, or stood up for myself and continued to post about what interested me?  I dont back down to this kind of ugliness, but that in no way diminishes my underlying interest in the subject.  

Until some of the recent ugliness I had nothing personal against these guys.  Now that I hear that Wayne has been spreading false rumors about me behind my back and that I have a promise from TEPaul that he and his "posse" are going to ride my ass all over the website, I am starting not to like them much.  

David, don't play victim.  Be a man.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:03:47 PM by Doug Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #631 on: January 29, 2007, 06:02:51 PM »
David:

That post #765 isn't any good either and really shouldn't be on here. Do you really want another war on here with me, because if you do I believe anyone reading this thread can see you are definitely trying to provoke it?

TEPaul, are you ever going to learn that I do not back down to your threats?

You declared war on me long ago.   I am just starting to fight back.  

Ok, John Paul Jones  ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 06:03:08 PM by Doug Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

JESII

« Reply #632 on: January 29, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
David,

I am going to work on the assumption that post #771 is a joke and I am being set up by one of my practical joker friends...in which case, well done...

TEPaul

« Reply #633 on: January 29, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
I'm as totally and completely biased as an observer can get?

Do you want to deal with this in here or do you want to take it outside Sullivan??

I've got my finger on a smiley----what to do, what to do?

TEPaul

« Reply #634 on: January 29, 2007, 06:21:39 PM »
"Ok, John Paul Jones    :)"

Doug:

Interesting that you said that and it's ironic you said it to Capt Moriarty. Maybe it's not time for a little diversion here and one of my OT off-the-wall stories, but on the other hand maybe it is------but did you know that John Paul Jones was a relative of mine?

Yup, his real name was John Paul. Apparently he killed some guy at sea and wanting to sort of get past that he just added Jones to his name and the rest is history.

Don't take my word for this, go check it out in the museum at the Naval Academy at Annapolis.

I don't know whether the guy John Paul killed at sea was arguing with him about Merion or not but it's probably worth looking into.

;)

john_stiles

« Reply #635 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:45 PM »
Did you get a date on the departure? Baker certainly was the friend who went with him over there in 1910. John Ott lives in Baker's house at PVGC.

TP,

<edited>
Newspaper reports that George A Crump and Joseph H. Baker left NYC on Hamburg-American Line, steamer Bluecher, on Wednesday Sept 7, 1910.  

John
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 07:15:39 PM by john_stiles »

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #636 on: January 29, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
"Ok, John Paul Jones    :)"

Doug:

Interesting that you said that and it's ironic you said it to Capt Moriarty. Maybe it's not time for a little diversion here and one of my OT off-the-wall stories, but on the other hand maybe it is------but did you know that John Paul Jones was a relative of mine?

Yup, his real name was John Paul. Apparently he killed some guy at sea and wanting to sort of get past that he just added Jones to his name and the rest is history.

Don't take my word for this, go check it out in the museum at the Naval Academy at Annapolis.

I don't know whether the guy John Paul killed at sea was arguing with him about Merion or not but it's probably worth looking into.

;)

Just don't let me see you around Philadelphia in a sailor's uniform, ok?

TEPaul

« Reply #637 on: January 29, 2007, 06:32:43 PM »
"Look guys, if you are happy with the kind of thing that TEPaul pulls with regularity, then I guess that is your decision, and I have some decisions to make of my own."

David:

Try not to make all this into something just between you and me. I really doubt anyone on here wants that. I don't and I doubt you do either.

I don't know what you have in mind with that remark of yours above but I want to make it real clear that I am definitely not trying to run you off this site and I never have tried to do that.

So if you do leave this site please don't try to claim it was something I wanted. It isn't. All I want you to do is take responsibility for the things you say and that means intelligently and honestly dealing with your positions on here rather than telling everyone else they're wrong and you're right or that they are confused or out to get you personally.

I certainly never tried to do that with Tom MacWood either and that kind of thing was never mentioned in any way--ever. That he just pulled off this site suddenly was a complete surprise to both me and Tommy Naccarato who were the only ones involved. Nobody asked him to do such a thing or ever suggested it.

TEPaul

« Reply #638 on: January 29, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »
John Stiles:

Thank you very much for that. That was something I always wondered about and it means he was over there for at least three months as I can definitely put him still over there on Dec 1, 1910.

TEPaul

« Reply #639 on: January 29, 2007, 06:48:11 PM »
"Doug, that is how it went down, go back and read the threads if you do not believe me.  It is hard to follow because they were too embarrassed by their own posts to leave them up, but mine are all still there, so you can see my tone throughout.  Even on that, it is clear who had the agenda."

For the record, the only reason Wayne and I deleted our posts from that first Merion thread is Moriarty was getting so carried away and so outrageous that too many of our friends around here began to ask us why in the world we were even dealing with someone like that. Wayne belongs to Merion and I know a ton of them over there and that's why we deleted our posts from that thread----it had nothing to do with being embarrassed about the things we said to Moriarty. I think Wayne and I have meant exactly what we've ever said to David Moriarty.  

wsmorrison

« Reply #640 on: January 29, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »
That's right, Tom.  I might not be proud of the way I said some of the things I did, but the content is verifiable.

So you are related to John Paul Jones, huh?  Who aren't you related to?

Here's a question for you?  How many years do you have to go back so that everyone on earth today is related to that individual?  Yep, that's right, Tom.  We are related and even David Moriarty and you are related if you go back far enough to the knuckle dragger ancestors of yours  ;)

But seriously.  Today's current human gene pool (correct me if I'm wrong, Geoff) goes back to a common ancestor how long ago?

TEPaul

« Reply #641 on: January 29, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »
Wayne:

Moriarty probably looks at us as one person at this point. If he said you called him a liar he probably meant me.

I did call him a liar on here once. And the reason I did is he told a bold-faced lie on here. He claimed I said something I never remotely said. I called him on that on here and instead of doing something about it he just went right back and defended his original lie (which may've been a mistake originally but going back and defended it certainly proved he didn't say something by a mistake he didn't mean).

I called him a liar because he lied and then defended the lie. In my book that makes him a liar. I have no idea where he comes up with some of the stuff he says on here and that he says people have said but that's another story I guess.

TEPaul

« Reply #642 on: January 29, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »
"Here's a question for you?  How many years do you have to go back so that everyone on earth today is related to that individual?  Yep, that's right, Tom.  We are related and even David Moriarty and you are related if you go back far enough to the knuckle dragger ancestors of yours"

Related to Moriarty?? Damnit man, you have finally succeeded in making me sick. I'm going to log off for a few hours while I go throw up a few times.  

wsmorrison

« Reply #643 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
Sorry 'bout that  :P

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #644 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:24 PM »
David,[size=24x]
STOP
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Please

Let's confine the discussion to the issues.

It was Pine Valley and not CBM that inspired the 10th at Merion.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 08:34:08 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #645 on: January 29, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »
Patrick,

If "Meroin" was intended as a joke, thank you.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #646 on: January 29, 2007, 08:37:44 PM »
Rick,

I'm begining to think that everyone needs a fix.

How much of, "Your Mother wears Army boots" can we take.

Or, the GCA.com "He said, she said." saga.

Where's Dan Akroyd and Chevy Chase when you need them.

David, TE and Wayne,

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE NAME CALLING OR WHO SAID WHAT ABOUT OR TO WHOM.

DELETE THE CRAP AND GET BACK ON TOPIC.

THANKS

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #647 on: January 29, 2007, 09:16:28 PM »
So...this horse walks into a bar.

The bartender says to the horse, "Why the long face?"

The horse replies, "they put down my friend Barbaro today"

The bartender ponders things for a bit, and offers the horse his deepest sympathies.

The horse says, "no, you have it all wrong.  I'm not really sad about that; I was just stating facts.   Given the situation, I'm actually relieved they've put him out of his misery, God rest his equine soul"

The bartender, who obviously isn't used to serving a fast drinking horse slurping multiple pints of Yuengling Lager simultaneously tries again in his best "Martini" voice.   "Why ya drinking so much, my friend, you should be at home with your family?"

The horse looks up and says, "Ya know, I'm sitting here asking myself the same question.   And do you know what I've finally figured out?"

"I've been following the threads about the history of Merion for over three months now, reading hundreds of posts and thousands of words, and I feel kinda stupid."

Perplexed, the bartender raises one eyebrow, and asks the obvious question, "What's there to feel stupid about?   Nobody knew that Wilson travelled to Europe in 1912?"

Shaking his head with a loud whinny, the horse narrows his beady eyes on the bartender and sadly replies, "No, that's not it...I didn't know the 10th hole was an Alps!"

TEPaul

« Reply #648 on: January 29, 2007, 09:38:07 PM »
Patrick said:

"DELETE THE CRAP AND GET BACK ON TOPIC.
THANKS"

Patrick:

Will you look at this. Moriarty browbeat Wayne and I for about a month for deleting our posts from the first of his Merion threads saying that was an admission of embarrassment or whatever on our part and that he would never think of doing such a thing.

Now it appears that David Moriarty has deleted all his posts from his own threads.

I say THANK YOU GOD. These threads of his should never have happened as they did and now it appears they are done with. In my opinion, they were the biggest waste of time imaginable but the irony is there really was a pretty good subject in here somewhere in the fact that Merion East really was one of the most interesting first departures in American architecture from Macdonald's ground-breaking style of architecture that changed so much about what came before it.

DMoriarty

« Reply #649 on: January 29, 2007, 09:41:56 PM »

Now it appears that David Moriarty has deleted all his posts from his own threads.

I say THANK YOU GOD. These threads of his should never have happened as they did and now it appears they are done with. In my opinion, they were the biggest waste of time imaginable but the irony is there really was a pretty good subject in here somewhere in the fact that Merion East really was one of the most interesting first departures in American architecture from Macdonald's ground-breaking style of architecture that changed so much about what came before it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back