News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean Leary

Querencia (Cabo)- New 18 to be designed by Doak?
« on: November 08, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
Just got back from 4 days at Querencia in Cabo.  It is a spectacular place and club, with a very good Fazio design on a VERY severe site.  It has some excellent holes, (260 yard par 3 2nd and 445 yard 13th come to mind), some very severe holes (600 yard par 5 9th is like a ski slope) and some boilerplate Fazio ( I've seen the first hole at a few Fazios).  The greens are quite difficult and undulating, particularly with the grain and speed they were kept at. Worth a play for sure, but bring some golf balls and check your ego at the door.

Most interesting was speculation at the club that Tom Doak may be coming in to build a second 18, a walker's course on a significantly flatter piece of land than the original. An interesting concept with the target demographic that currently exists there. I would think that it would be very well received there since the existing course is so difficult and severe. It wore us out after 4 days...

paul cowley

Re:Querencia (Cabo)- New 18 to be designed by Doak?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 03:28:44 PM »
Sean....its not just the golf that can wear you out in Cabo.

Its the boring good weather, time changes, the language hassle, not being able to read the menus etc....this all can really wear on you......the best way to combat this is to go to bed early every nite and get a lot of rest, comprendo ;)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:34:32 PM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Greg Tallman

Re:Querencia (Cabo)- New 18 to be designed by Doak?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:37:57 PM »
'Tis indeed the word on the street in Los Cabos... have heard no concrete confirmation of this.  

Bay of Dreams and Querencia II...

Seņor Cowley I know not of these other activities of which you speak. Please elaborate.

Sean, your characterization of #9 is rather kind. The other 5 par on that side is pretty good. A 260 yard par 3 with THAT green!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 03:41:43 PM by Greg Tallman »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back