News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Spaulding

Re:Orlando Golf Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 05:33:29 PM »
1) Rent a car and drive to Worldwoods
2) Keene's Pointe (if you're not offended by Nicklaus)
3) ChampionsGate
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Jordan Wall

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
From experience I think Bay Hill has the best staff of any golf course in the world.

I personally think the course is also very cool.
It's a beautiful course, for Florida at least.

Cory Lewis

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
Based on my recent trip to the area, I would say rent a car and drive to Lake Jovita and play both courses.  Most people will tell you they aren't as good as World Woods, but I think they are pretty close, fun to play with lots of strategic elements.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Dan Boerger

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 11:18:57 AM »
I'm playing the new course at Grand Cypress next week. After reading this thread, I wish I had more time to play other places, too!
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

Jfaspen

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 11:56:21 AM »
After doing some research, I'm going to play Cypress Head (Port Orange, where I'll be staying), Halifax (also near where I'll be staying) and I might try Celebration near Orlando.

John_Conley

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2006, 12:41:54 PM »
Jeff, I've always like Cypress Head.  I've never played Halifax.  The Art Hills course at LPGA is also decent.

I'm not a fan of Celebration.  If you are driving past Victoria Hills to play there it is a mistake.  Are you trying to accomodate someone else?

For a lower-priced sleeper go to Deltona Hills, a course I love.  It is one of the first (if not the first) course built on a capped landfill.  Literally, the place is a dump.  Excellent golf course though.

Dan Boerger

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2007, 08:23:45 AM »
Played Grand Cypress this past weekend. A few observations:

Wonderful service experience. Caddie was a +2, really knew the course, and was an asset to my game during the round. Well maintained track, but one would expect that at these prices.

Front nine was fairly benign. The course (to me at least) gets more interesting starting at 13. 16, 17 and 18 make for a really fun finish. It seemed you could miss your approach long on more holes than the courses I normally play offer. Frankly, I enjoyed this change.

Still don't get those trees in the middle of the fairway thing.

Final thought -- and this has nothing to do with the course. How come it takes about a month to get any short game and then I lose it in about a week? ;)
"Man should practice moderation in all things, including moderation."  Mark Twain

John_Conley

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »
Dan, did you play the New?  If not, let me know which 9s you played.  There are 45 holes (New is 18 and N/W/S are 9 each) and 3 more at the Academy.

Dan Boerger

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2007, 02:25:46 PM »
Boy am I embarrassed! I didn't set up the trip and I played Grande Lakes at the Ritz Carlton, so sorry for the confusion. I'm generally not this confused (my wife, of course, might challenge that)!

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2007, 04:08:54 PM »
http://www.golfatbridgewater.com/thecourse.html

Just curious if anyone has any updates on this Steve Smyers soon to open course?

John_Conley

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 11:33:20 PM »
Boy am I embarrassed! I didn't set up the trip and I played Grande Lakes at the Ritz Carlton, so sorry for the confusion. I'm generally not this confused (my wife, of course, might challenge that)!

That makes sense.  I wasn't aware of caddies at Grand Cypress, and I play there a fair bit - albeit in the summer.

Grande Lakes is decent.  Glad you liked it.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »
I spoke to someone in Smyers office two weeks ago about Bridgewater. They told me that the plan was to open the course the week of the PGA Show.

Sally Livingston

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 05:52:18 PM »
Rob,
I talked with Chad Johnson, the head pro at Bridgewater today. He said their grand opening is scheduled for February 8.

Rob_Waldron

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2007, 08:12:58 AM »
Sally

Thanks. I will be down there Feb 14 so hopefully I can play it!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back