News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

KINGTON in the Clouds Pt II
« on: October 29, 2006, 05:32:11 AM »
The fern at Kington is quite heavy in places.  Though it is unusual to lose a ball.

The 3rd shot to the 440 yard 8th hole.  I cannot hope to reach this green in two with a typical 25 mph wind against.  This hole has recently been lengthened considerably from a driveable par 4.  I think the jury is still out on this alteration.  I am in favour of a hole or two which are not reachable for a decent player, but I am not convinced this hole is good enough to justify the extra walk.  Thankfully, it is very easy to revert back to the old setup if desired.

A closer look at the green.  The swales on the left are features of numerous greens.

The swales are often placed on the high side of the green making chips very difficult because of the downhill nature of the shot.  Learning the bump and run shot is essential.  

Over there - Wales!

Kington has a strong set of one shotters and the 9th is no exception.  The wind howls off the right making the aggressive player hang shots out hoping the wind will do the rest.

A closer look reveals how steep the bank on the right is.  This photo also shows the micro undualtions which are prevalent throughout Kington.  Flat lies are hard to come by.

This is the recovery shot for those with no fortitude on the tee.

Don't go long either!

A look at the 14th from the 11th fairway.

A few holes spice up the game a bit with these scattered dollops of gorse.  A ball can just be made out on the right end.

End of part II.

Ciao
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:47:16 PM by Sean Arble »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Jason Blasberg

Re:KINGTON in the Clouds Pt II
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:26:33 PM »
For the benefit of Mr. Kite (aka Jason).

Ciao

Sean:

It's been a while since I've listened to Sgt. Pepper's should I be flattered or insulted?  ;)

Jason

P.S. I see your part 2 was up when I responded to you part 1, in law school we called that the "read-on rule, stupid!"  when someone would ask a rather simple question that was answered in the next paragraph of text from which they questioned.    

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back