News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Heiman

How long of a golf season?
« on: September 29, 2006, 03:15:16 PM »
I am thinking about a short golf vacation in late Oct. early Nov.  I am in MN and will be visiting friends in Nebraska.Are the courses in Nebraska and Colorado still open?  I thought I read some place that Sand Hills shuts down in Sept.  I was wondering if the same is true of Ballyneal or Wild horse, or Dismal River?  anyone know.

RJ_Daley

Re:How long of a golf season?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 03:26:19 PM »

Wild Horse will still be open, and is usually spectacular after the first frosts.  The pairie roughs are scheduled to be burned in Oct., I think.  But, you could get spectacular weather, or a bit of a damp blow as we did last Saturday...Monday was excellent though. ;D

The other clubs you mentioned are either private needing and invite, or I heard in DRs case a letter asking to play might be accepted.  
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Ryan Heiman

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »
I have the option of going to Ballyneal, but not sure yet about Sand Hills or DR.  I was more just wondering if I should even worry about making the drive to these courses if they are not even open.  I could always go next spring. and what it would be like to play even if they are open.

Thanks for the notes about Wild Horse.  I can't wait to play it.

John_Conley

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 09:06:43 PM »
Ryan, I'm almost certain Sand Hills has a hard close like Spring Hill does.  Even if the weather is golfable they are done for the season.  

Driving to Dismal River?  It isn't the kind of place where you happen to find yourself in the area!

I'd make sure they'll have you before you make the trek.  I'd assume all those courses in remote areas are closed.

Jason Hines

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »
 Hi Ryan,

Some of the other courses will be hit or miss in early NOV, it all depends on the weather.  We usually sneak a few rounds in during November, but there have been some years where the clubs are put away NOV 1.

If you are driving last minute and can change plans on a dime that would be the way to go.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back