News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Leahy

Monterey area GCAers-Poppy Hills
« on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
I am vacationing in Monterey, Columbus day week and plan on playing golf on 10-10 thru 10-12, Tues thru Thurs. I am an NCGA member and plan on playing Poppy Hills one of those days and wonder if any of the locals know the conditions of the course or if it is scheduled for aerating. Also if anyone is interested in joining me at Poppy for a game, please send an IM to me or an email to tmleahy@scif.com and I will set up a tee time.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Mike Benham

Re:Monterey area GCAers-Poppy Hills
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 06:42:59 PM »
Call the shop, they will tell you the aeration schedule ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Emmy

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
Right now, when I see the words "Poppy Hills Golf Course" my mind rests on the recent passing of Paul Porter, CEO of the Northern California Golf Association and President/CEO of Poppy Holding, Inc. He was only 56. Paul was a huge advocate for amateur golf.  He was a visionary leader who understood the importance of building alliances within the golf industry.

On Sunday, October 8, 2006 a Celebration of Life ceremony and reception will be held from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. at Poppy Hills Golf Course (Pebble Beach, CA). Family, friends, community leaders and the NCGA staff will gather in memory of dear Paul.

For those interested, donations can be made to the Paul Porter Memorial Fund, NCGA Foundation, 3200 Lopez Road, Pebble Beach, CA, 93953. Funds will support the NCGA Foundation and its junior golf leadership program.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 12:21:42 PM »
bump
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Stan Dodd

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 12:46:56 PM »
Poppy arerated last week, should be great in Oct.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back