News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ed_getka

Re:Monterey area
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2006, 03:50:52 PM »
I just looked at Pasa's website to see if I had the par right. They have a blurb about doing sanding/aerating on 9/19. Also,
 #6 has been restored to its original length (who's ever heard of such a thing) ;) and views. #13 has been lengthened.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:19:00 PM by ed_getka »
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:18 PM »
Ed - thanks.  I read that as well.  Here's the blurb for those interested:

Pasatiempo restores two teeing grounds
We have restored the 6th hole teeing grounds to accurately reflect original yardage and views. We have also added a new championship teeing ground on the 13th hole. We expect to have the new teeing grounds available for play by October 1st. The results are fantastic.

I'm just wracking my brain to figure out HOW they did it.  Tp lengthen either hole signifcantly would have been a MASSIVE amount of work... maybe when I see it it will make better sense.  I'm just picturing a lot of trees in the way to make a separate championship tee on 13... and a blind tee shot if they go back and behind the old #6.... It is just very curious.

TH
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 04:10:30 PM by Tom Huckaby »

ed_getka

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2006, 04:20:18 PM »
When we were there last month they actually had the #6 tee box all bulldozed, but it didn't look like it was going to be any different to me.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »
So they're just re-doing it, not moving it at all?

That's what was going on with 13 when I was last there...

But if this is the case, how does that ADD LENGTH on either hole?

TH

ed_getka

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
Maybe this is the newest strategy in course lengthening. You just SAY you lengthen the hole, take the opportunity to tear up the tee box and resurface it, and voila the unsuspecting golfers THINK they are playing a longer and harder course. It's brilliant. ;D Golf is mostly played between the ears anyway, right? 8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back