News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

ForkaB

Jason Hines

Re:Sex and GCA? Not in Scotland, thank you!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:31:33 AM »
Completely inappropriate, I know because I checked out their web site personally. ;D :D  It looks like a car racing magazine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:31:52 AM by Jason_Hines »

Jim Nugent

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:12:11 AM »
Come on, guys.  Someone really should post some pictures, so we can (ahem) judge for ourselves whether or not they are appropriate.  

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 08:26:35 AM »
I've been reading GCNI since the time when it was a serious agronomic newsletter.
The new look is rather - surprising.
Check the website for some idea (and subscription details... ;))

http://www.gcni.co.uk/

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »

Thanks Baldy
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Paul Payne

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 10:26:19 AM »
Tooo freaking funny!

I would have loved to have been in the board room when the new changes were discussed. I wish someone would decide to spruce up our steel industry "Iron Age" circular. I can just see it now "Women of the mill: a closer look at the BOF shop gals".  

Anthony Butler

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 10:47:11 AM »
Tooo freaking funny!

I would have loved to have been in the board room when the new changes were discussed. I wish someone would decide to spruce up our steel industry "Iron Age" circular. I can just see it now "Women of the mill: a closer look at the BOF shop gals".  

Yep, there's nothing like a girl with some impressive "mounding" (man-made or not) wielding an oxy-acetylene torch. Right in line with the gal gripping the big spanner you see in so many car-repair shops.

I do think they have underestimated the ability of their target market to separate their competing interests when choosing a magazine. If they want to learn about agronomy and drainage they would pick up GNCI. If they are looking for tips on laying some pipe, one of the lad mags (FHM etc..) should suffice.
Next!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back