News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Coan

EVERY GOLF COURSE IN NEW ZEALAND
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:43:54 PM »
A mate of mine is playing every registered 9 and 18 hole golf course in New Zealand - 400 courses in 365 days.  He started on 1 August and is updating a website with a daily diary which I have found to be quite enjoyable.

For those of you stuck on a computer every day it may provide a worthwhile diversion.  He gives a short write-up on every course and always provides a few pics.  Not exactly the architectural descriptions that this crowd would embrace but it does provide a bit of insight into the courses.  I'm a picture guy so it's nice to see courses I've never been to.  He's only 24 days into it and I've already seen a couple of courses I need to get to.

It's a bit like a daily golf soap opera...

http://www.nzcharitygolftour.co.nz/augustdiary.php
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:44:53 PM by Scott Coan »

ed_getka

Re:EVERY GOLF COURSE IN NEW ZEALAND
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:27:24 AM »
Scott,
    Thanks for posting this. I hope he picks out a few favorites, since I only get to play 3 next year.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 02:17:11 PM »
Sounds a gas.  A year seems a long time but it shuld allow him to complete the task.  There was a guy in Scotland who planned to play all their courses in a sumer a couple of years ago. He scheduled back to back days of 54 holes and soon fell behind and the trip was sadly abandoned.

One thing, if you are in touch with him ask him to set up a means of donating on line - there are various sites that can do this. e.g.
http://www.justgive.org/html/news/august2002.html

also he might want to review the format - few will drop in regularly if you have to then open up a word document for the day.

Good luck to him.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »
This will be fun to follow.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back