News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter_Herreid

I thought I would again direct everyone's attention to this tremendous day of golf for a wonderful charity.

Myopia Hunt Club is once again hosting an outing to benefit the Special Olympics of Massachusetts, this year on Tuesday, October 10th at 11.00am.

The cost is $400/player, and includes the 11.00am shotgun (everyone plays their own ball/best ball of the foursome scores), box lunch, gift bag (which has been quite generous in the past[golf shoes, etc.]), and cocktail reception and an excellent buffet dinner afterwards.

This is a very well run event, and the club speaks for itself.  The club and course are a veritable museum, and it is a special opportunity for those of us who proclaim to value such things to be able to visit Myopia, which gets very, very little outside play of any kind.

Again, I have no vested interest in this event whatsoever, other than I have participated the last two years and can vouch personally for what a great day it is.  We have been fortunate to make mini-GCA days out of it the past few years, also, so it's been a great way to meet and play with other GCA'ers..

I will not be able to attend this year, so I would recommend that anyone who would like more information about the event/day contact the event co-ordinator directly.  She has been great to work with in the past, and if you let her know you are part of GCA, she can try to put foursomes together, etc.  

Contact info:

Deb Maguire, Regional Office Administrator
RKMC, LLP
800 Boylston St, 25th Floor
Boston, MA 02199-7080
617-267-2300

Dont' pass up this chance to experience and play at a true American classic!

Gerry B

Re:Myopia Hunt Club outing--Special Olympics of Mass.--10/10/2006
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:36:36 PM »
for those of you who otherwise would not have access to this museum piece of american golf and if you are in the area do not miss it - the fall colors are extraordinary -this is when the course shows its best

plus it is for a good cause

DTaylor18

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:26:58 PM »
This is a great event on a wonderful course at a very reasonable price.  I encourage everyone to attend that can.  Thanks for posting this Peter.

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »
As I have had several requests to re-post the tournament contact info,  I am bumping this back up...

ChipRoyce

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
Peter -
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I love Myopia having lived down the road and having Matt Burrows, during his stint there, as my guide around such a fabulous course. If I can find a way to travel on Biz, I will definately try to attend.
Best,
Chip

grandwazo

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
Dan,
Any suggestions as to where to stay the night before? Also, any other course recommendations in the area? Might as well try to make a two day trip....
Thanks
Jeff

ed_getka

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 05:23:51 PM »
Peter,
   Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am going to try and plan so I can attend next year. Myopia is very high on the list of courses I would like to see.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Gerry B

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 07:45:09 PM »
myopia is only 30 - 40  minutes north of downtown boston so  you have many choices

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 04:11:48 PM »
Bumping this back up, as it's now less than a month away, and some may have a better idea of their schedules...

There are apparently still a reasonable number of openings, and again, Myopia is definitely worth the effort--both for the cause, and for the opportunity to experience this very special place...

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 11:51:34 AM »
Another bump now that this event is only two weeks away.  A few openings still are available, and perhaps now it is easier to accurately predict one's schedule.

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:36:52 AM »
bump--next to last time, in case anyone's plans have changed...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back