News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Grayhawk in Scottsdale,AZ gets PGA Tour event...
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:06:06 PM »
for one year only in 2007. From today's Arizona Republic:

PGA to add Grayhawk tourney

John Davis
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 23, 2006 12:00 AM

Valley golf fans will get to see PGA Tour players in action in two events next year with a new tournament being added to the tour's 2007 fall schedule.

Tour sources said Tuesday that a full-field, 72-hole event sponsored by Fry's Electronics will be played at Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale as part of its fall schedule the week of Oct. 15.

That would place the tournament after the Tour Championship, meaning it probably won't draw most of the tour's top-ranked players under its revamped schedule for 2007.

Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem is scheduled to announce plans for six or seven fall events today at a press conference at the Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio. The Phoenix Thunderbirds, hosts of the FBR Open at the nearby TPC of Scottsdale, will hold a news conference at Grayhawk immediately after Finchem's announcement.

Sources said the Fry's event is "locked in" to the schedule but would be played one time only at Grayhawk before moving to a California site starting in 2008.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:21:33 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Steve_ Shaffer

Re:Grayhawk in Scottsdale,AZ gets PGA Tour event...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:06:11 PM »
Tune in Finchem's news conference tomorrow at 3pm for details on which course will host this Fall Classic.

In other PGA Tour breaking news, George Lopez has been named as host of the Bob Hope Classic. ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 01:21:59 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

rjsimper

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »
It's a full field event?  Interesting...I wonder if Phil will "host" or if he will even play given the slot in the schedule.

Between the two courses, I actually recall preferring the Raptor (Fazio) but it's been 10 years since I played there...and the Talon I played when it was under the stresses of July.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 01:54:22 PM »
My info is that Fazio's Raptor will host this event. As many know, this course has the famous 8th hole, aptly named Aces-n- Eights.

www.grayhawkgolf.com/raptor.html

I doubt that PM will play but one never knows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back