News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

The Bye-Pass Hole
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:10:43 AM »
Ever see those trucker lanes on a steep grade that allow them to pull over so traffic can by-pass?  

Barney's vendetta against the bye-hole gave me an idea:  Why not put a short one-shotter off to the side on each nine that slow groups must play while the following group speeds by?  

I know, merger would be a hassle, but Nascar drivers aren't rocket scientists and they get along nicely coming off pit row.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 10:13:25 AM by Bogey_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Kavanaugh

Re:The Bye-Pass Hole
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:34:44 AM »
Thanks for starting a second thread about the same subject...Remember that at Erin Hills a guy is being charged $150 plus $10 for his pull cart..everybody will want to play every hole at that price.

Your idea of passing people is perfectly acceptable practice....I've probably done it a dozen times already this year and we simply go back and play the holes we skipped later.  It is a staple of cart golf.  I even recently had a twosome walk past my foursome while we were on the first green telling us they were just going to go to the second tee and get out of our way.  I told them I had four words to say about that and of course they got out of our way rather quickly.  I have never understood why people play through groups when it is so much simpler to just skip a hole.  

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 10:41:58 AM »
Me neither.  Sunday evening I'm off solo at 6:00 p.m. for a quick nine, walking and carrying the Ping Moon Bag.  I arrive at the 5th green in 45 minutes and some bozo in a cart suddenly is standing on the 5th tee.  I waive him through and do a little ball hawking in the creek in the meantime.  He could have skipped that hole, but must be kin to your buddy we met on the 16th tee at VN.  

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
Was the guy standing on the tee giving you the pirate eye like you were disturbing his day...and did you guys consider joining up..I used to play with a guy who would bounce his ball on a bench when we had to wait.  Of course his wife soon left him and he is now a miserable sports writer..

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back