News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Re:Machrihanish - a life on the Ocean Wave...
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2006, 08:43:11 AM »
Maybe the logo is too small in the pic?
It's from BillV's home Course - Lehigh - which we examined in great detail on his laptop over a glass or two a couple of evenings ago.

I think I may have offended him with my use of the phrase: "rather a lot of 'left-and-right' bunkering, isn't there"!!!

Nice to hear there's been some judicious felling though... :)

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 12:49:12 PM »
Bill V:

There is a plan for a new course just north of Machrihanish already laid out by David Kidd, and perhaps a third course after that, plus fixing up the old hotel which is right down the street from the clubhouse.  Basically using the existing Machrihanish course to jump-start a new Bandon Dunes style destination.

If you throw in a boat trip to Portrush or Royal Troon that could be a pretty good destination.

SPDB

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 02:13:02 PM »
Either PV or Turnberry.

James Bennett

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 03:21:56 AM »

(*Another prize to the identifier of the logo on the sweater in the first picture, whilst we're having a bit of fashion fun.)

BillV (skipper)

it looks like a lighthouse on that jumper.  Given what I know of your itinerary, my guess is Turnberry, and a recent acquisition.

I'm glad I stayed at the B&B down near the ruins in St Andrews- 28 pound a head including breakfast, plus internet, plus a chat with a fellow golfer staying there playing the local pro event was very pleasant.

James B

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back