News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Noser

Kohler, WI
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »
I have 3 courses to play at the resort where would you play and what should I expect. My wife and I are going up for the 4th of july weekend. I know I am playing the straits and the Irish. I am guessing the River is the other one I should Play but I wuold ike this groups in site.

PThomas

Re:Kohler, WI
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »
River and Meadows are both cool, but if I had to pick one I'd take the River

is a bit harder than Meadow

151 slope from the backs!  there is no letup out there!

first time I played the River one of the views took my breath away....tell me after your trip if you know which one

you should have a great time there
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »
the River course is truly a wonderful, albeit, a tough track.  But if you have the time I found the Meaadow-Valley great fun and a let up after The River and the Straights.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Garry Cox

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 11:57:20 AM »
The River Course should complement Irish and Whistling Straits.  The River Course is in town near the American Club.  The scenery is spectacluar is lots of elevation changes and cut through the woods and along the river.

If you have time the two of you would find the Kohler Design Center very interesting.  I thought the variety of products and the way they are showcased are over the top.  

The town of Kohler is quaint and clean.  If you do not want to be locked in to only Kohler offerings for meals you can drive to close by Sheboygan.  

The clubhouse for Whistling Straits has a very nice dining establishment on the ground floor with a pub on the second floor.

The Immigrant Room at The American Club is high end fine dining and very nice.

You will enjoy the experience.

Garry

Dan Moore

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »
Brian,

As long as you are in the area you should think about heading an hour due west to the town of Green Lake to play the Links course at Lawsonia.  A late afternoon round would be perfect.  
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

JR Potts

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 06:25:39 PM »
I go up to Kohler about two times a year to play.  That being said, I've never played, but heard wonderful things about, the Bull.  It is a Nickalus design.  If you are looking for another track, I would suggest giving it a whirl....and then let us know how it is.

If you want to stay in Kohler proper though, you can't go wrong with any of the resort 4.  I, for one, like the back nine of the Meadows more than either nine of the River.  However, from 1 to 18, the River is a better course.

Have fun though, you'll love it.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
Brian

WS and The River are the 2 premier courses. I did not care for the Irish, but I played it years ago just after it opened.

The Meadow has quite a few unique holes and they are worth playing.

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back