News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Huckaby

Re:Where are you playing this weekend???
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 05:48:50 PM »
Bandon Dunes.

Tom

Tom - wouldn't that be your answer at least 48 weeks of the year?

And have I told you how much I hate you?

;)

Ron Farris

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 05:57:44 PM »
5:20 AM - The Golf Club at RED ROCK  (9 holes only)
Standard tee time for Purist golfer Dr. Don Habbe and myself.

ref

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 06:41:38 PM »

BTW, "Senior Salver at Seaton Carew" - is that meant to be a tongue-twister or a golf event?  What's a "salver"?

TH

Tom it could be a tongue twister. I'm hoping Rich will educate us all on how to pronounce the name of the course.  It's highly thought of by those who have played it but miles from anywhere.

Last year I finally got to meet a golfer from Newcastle (nearest big city (sorry Sunderland)) who said he loved links golf and had played just about all the great courses.  So I asked him for his opinion on "Seaton Carew". "where's that?” he replied.  I said I didn't know exactly but it was the only famous links between Lincolnshire and Scotland.  After a couple more tries he said "oh you must mean Situn Caurooo".  I agreed I probably did and he pronounced it to be a fine course.

So Rich I don't care if it's Gillan or even Goolan how the hell should you pronounce S.C. if you don't want to sound like a fule?

Sat Upminster
Sun Thames Ditton
Let's make GCA grate again!

ceHufnagel

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 07:20:25 PM »
up at 4:30am for the sweat line at harding park – trying to get out as a single...

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
Greywalls on Saturday
(match: the wife and I vs her parents)
Greywalls on Sunday
(probably just the wife and I in a match)

I actually have most of the weekend off after working 53 hours in the last four days.  Might as well keep the free time at the golf course too...

PThomas

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 08:20:45 PM »
Greywalls on Saturday
Greywalls on Sunday

I actually have most of the weekend off after working 53 hours in the last four days.  Might as well keep the free time at the golf course too...

might be best if you lost both those matches Brian ;)...
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Mike Benham

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2006, 08:23:46 PM »
Greywalls on Saturday
Greywalls on Sunday

might be best if you lost both those matches Brian ;)...

Can't speak to the first match but for the second one he may not have a choice in the matter ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Sean_A

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2006, 08:39:47 PM »

BTW, "Senior Salver at Seaton Carew" - is that meant to be a tongue-twister or a golf event?  What's a "salver"?

TH

Tom it could be a tongue twister. I'm hoping Rich will educate us all on how to pronounce the name of the course.  It's highly thought of by those who have played it but miles from anywhere.

Last year I finally got to meet a golfer from Newcastle (nearest big city (sorry Sunderland)) who said he loved links golf and had played just about all the great courses.  So I asked him for his opinion on "Seaton Carew". "where's that?” he replied.  I said I didn't know exactly but it was the only famous links between Lincolnshire and Scotland.  After a couple more tries he said "oh you must mean Situn Caurooo".  I agreed I probably did and he pronounced it to be a fine course.

So Rich I don't care if it's Gillan or even Goolan how the hell should you pronounce S.C. if you don't want to sound like a fule?

Sat Upminster
Sun Thames Ditton

Tony

The folks at Goswick may take umbrage at your remarks.  The course at Berwick upon Tweed is meant to be very good indeed.

Ciao

Sean
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2006, 08:59:31 PM »
Can't speak to the first match but for the second one he may not have a choice in the matter ...

I really don't.  I'm giving a shot a hole and she's on top of her game right now, and so are both of her parents.  Her dad seems to play out of his mind when we're in a match.  Losers pay for ice cream if it's hot - drinks if not.  Either way it's a decent day...

higkgins

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 09:16:08 PM »
How 'bout last weekend ??
I played an absolutely fantastic upscale public course called Red Tail on the old Fort Devens, MA property. Well worth checking out whenever in the area ...

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »
Tom Huckaby!

Thanks for telling me that you hate me!!  I like that.

And actually it's 50 weeks each year.........

Tom

the pres

Gerry B

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 11:01:41 PM »
saturday  - the national in toronto

sunday  -ditto -  as the road trip combo of indianwood old  / game 7 heat vs pistons went up in flames as the motown boys did not rise to the occasion this evening

John Kirk

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 11:05:47 PM »
Saturday and Sunday at Kinloch in Manakin-Sabot, VA

Wayne Freeman

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2006, 01:03:01 AM »
I wish I had this last weekend-  had a lot of fun in Vegas at Angel Park, Red Rock, and Rio Secco.  This weekend I'm at my very average Ted Robinson layout-  Old Ranch CC in Seal Beach, Calif. Looking forward to a father's day weekend at Bandon though.  

Dave Bourgeois

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2006, 12:09:35 PM »
Sunday-  Pinehaven Country Club in Guilderland, NY-  A nice outing with Mom and Dad on their home course.  First time up to Pinehaven since the birth of my son six weeks ago!

Billsteele

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
It's not the weekend but it might as well be...a couple of days in Cape Cod and Boston. Monday, I'll be playing Eastward Ho! Tuesday, Woods Hole. Wednesday, Blackrock.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2006, 01:28:41 PM »
Farm Neck on Martha's Vineyard on Sunday.
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Dave_Miller

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2006, 02:39:25 PM »
Sat. - Woodway C.C. - Darien Cup (Or swim meet or grass if the weatherman is correct)

Sun. - Round Hill Club - Friendly

JWK

Charles River CC - Newton Centre, MA if it ever stops raining ;D
Fairways and Greens
Dave

Dave_Miller

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2006, 02:43:40 PM »
Nowhere.  A kid's soccer game and 3 kiddie birthday parties have seen to that. :'(

...probably just as well...I suck.

Dave:
Ah the good old days.  I remember them well ;) ;D
Best
Dave

Andrew Balakshin

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »
Saturday- Eaglemont- with dad, my friend and his dad
our beginning of the first father son summer tournament

Sunday- Tumble Creek- Very excited

Hey Jordan,

I have been meaning to go down to Eaglemont for a long time so I would be interested to hear what you thought about it. I also would really like to hear about Tumble Creek (it's private right?)

I hope the tournament went well!

Andrew

Ps. I’m going golfing tomorrow at a course called Sun Rivers (designed by Graham Cooke)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »
Spent hours digging gardens today.

With any luck I'll head over to see Lederach tomorrow.

Gene Greco

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:23 PM »
PGA at Port St. Lucie Pete Dye Course (Florida)
Island Dunes CC (Joe Lee)
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jason Hines

« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2006, 11:09:47 PM »
Shadow Ridge Country Club, Omaha, NE.  Fountains, cart paths, soft greens and beer carts.  Everything this website loves.

J

Gene Greco

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2006, 11:18:13 PM »
What a difference a week makes, Jason.

I've played Shadow Ridge - features a par three with a bunker in the middle of the green - correct?
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

ForkaB

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2006, 05:34:39 AM »

TH

Sat Upminster
Sun Thames Ditton

Tony

Even though I'm spending more and more time just south of MIddlesborough on my book writing and publishing business, I will never learn the accent.  I think its "Seaton" as in Mrs. Beaton, and "Carew" as in Rod, the legendary baseball player.  And yet, as I played there with a Mancunian (Andy Levett) what would I know?

And yes, a "salver" is a serving tray.  I hope to have my name on it come Tuesday!

As an update, my golf yesterday was cancelled as Mrs. Goodale's flight in from Vegas was delayed and I had to look after the sprogs.  Fortunately, the sprogs are both away this afternoon, so we have a mixed singles scheduled for later in the day....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back