News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Weather Forecast for KPV
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:08:42 AM »
Highs and Lows for the upcoming weekend.

Friday     107 - 77
Saturday 105 - 77
Sunday   102 - 75
Monday   102 - 74

Suffice it to say that it will be Africa hot during the entire weekend so I hope everyone is ready for it. The three courses we will be playing will have very little shade especially Stone Eagle which will get extra hot because of the heat being retained by all of the rocks.  

The UV Index will most likely be at 10 - 11+ the entire time.

Obviously you need to remain hydrated out there so you have to drink a lot of water and Gatorade before the round and all day whether you get sick of it or not.  However, I would also advise everyone to drink plenty of water all during this upcoming week as well.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Mike Benham

Re:Weather Forecast for KPV
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 01:38:28 AM »
Are you sure these aren't the course ratings and slope of the courses we will be playing?    ;D

And don't forget your  8)'s ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

ForkaB

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 03:13:47 AM »
Those lows would consitute a heat wave in Scotland!

Enjoy, guys, but remember what the desk sergeant on Hill Street Blues used to say--"let's be careful out there."  We don't want to hear of anybodythawing, melting and then resolving into a dew....

Jfaspen

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:14:58 AM »
I'd rather have it be in the 100's than in the 30's (like golf was 2 weekends ago for me).  
Time to go see what is the highest SPF sunscreen I can get!

jf

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 08:08:56 AM »
I find the roof of a Cart provides substantial shade in those warmer climes...

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 09:55:04 AM »
I'll pack my sweaters.  With this past weekend humid and in the 90s here in the east, 105 degrees of dry heat will feel like a cold front!

JC

Thomas_Brown

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 10:01:04 AM »
My kids & I went rock climbing in Joshua Tree on Saturday - It was 75 degrees.  I really had my hopes up.

redanman

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:11:18 AM »
I'd rather have it be in the 100's than in the 30's (like golf was 2 weekends ago for me).  
Time to go see what is the highest SPF sunscreen I can get!

jf

1-You can have all my hot weather, I'll take all your cold.  I told the girls at work today that anyone using the phrase "Nice, hot weather" was going to get cut

2-Sunscreen does NOT protect you against Malignant Melanoma.  Only long sleeves and wide brims.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 11:15:11 AM »
Bill,
be sure to bring your rainsuit in a few weeks time (if it's dried out from Pasa!!!) ;D

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 12:58:04 PM »
It does seem to be cart weather.

Michael Moore

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »
Stay in the game!

A certain group from a certain Jesuit college down the road invades Maine every summer for a debauched reunion/golf tournament.

Last year one chap, with whom I have played a couple of times, fell over on the back nine and was whisked off to the emergency room, presumably for overheating and dehydration.

He returned the next morning for a semi-official nine and was subsequently declared the winner!

P.S. It was not Sweeney.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:11:31 PM by Michael Moore »
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Tim Leahy

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 01:16:01 PM »
Anybody else see the Golf Channel's Playing lesson with the Geiberger family at Stone Eagle. Course looked awesome, but not even a palm tree in view. Hopefully a cold front will come through from somewhere and drop those highs into the 90's at least.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Mike Benham

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »
It's not the heat that concerns me, I just don't want to see 30-40 mph winds come whistling through the Cochella Valley as it has been known to do ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mark Arata

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 01:38:07 PM »
You know, David is not a doctor, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, so you better listen to him.....(he's pre med)

Yours in Heat Stroke.....
Catch Phrase Guy.
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

peter_p

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 02:45:02 PM »
That Tuesday side trip to Barona is looking more appealing.

astavrides

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »

2-Sunscreen does NOT protect you against Malignant Melanoma.  Only long sleeves and wide brims.

can you elaborate or give me a link or two re/ the above?

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 03:20:07 PM »
Bill,

I have had three friends die of malignant melanoma.

One was in the eye, one was on his scalp and the other on the sole of his foot. Would the latter indicate that it came not from exposure to the sun?

Bob

peter_p

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 01:50:49 PM »
Any more suggestions for clothing beyond long sleeves and wide brims? The NW doesn't stock much for extreme heat.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »
Any more suggestions for clothing beyond long sleeves and wide brims? The NW doesn't stock much for extreme heat.

Wear white (shirt) and light, khaki shorts.  Shirt should be a little loose fitting, and of a thin, quality, breathable material.  Non-tapered (cuffed?) sleeves will also help breathability in the arms.

rjsimper

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 02:13:52 PM »
Single greatest thing for the desert is the moisture wicking new-age shirts that companies are making (like Nike Dri-Fit or things of that ilk)

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »
I doubt there will be any moisture to wick! You might sweat but it evaporates instantly; that's the prime reason people get into trouble, they just don't realize how much water they are loosing until it's too late. Drink early and drink often.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Mark Arata

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »
............. Drink early and drink often.

Isnt this the official motto of the gathering on Friday night?
New Orleans, proud to swim home...........

David Kelly

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 03:20:21 PM »
Drinking alcohol has a dehydrating effect so beware.

"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

JohnV

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 03:30:16 PM »
105 with 5% humidity vs the 90 with 50% here in Pittsburgh today?  I'll take the 105 as long a I have a lot of water and sunscreen.

George Pazin

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »
105 with 5% humidity vs the 90 with 50% here in Pittsburgh today?  I'll take the 105 as long a I have a lot of water and sunscreen.

Now imagine you have a 35 foot dryer running at 400 degrees in a non-air conditioned warehouse in Pittsburgh....

Have fun everyone, hope I can make it someday.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back