News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Bill_McBride

Stone Eagle on Golf Channel now
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:43:04 PM »
Pretty cool looking course.  Al and Brent Geiberger playing lesson on the Golf Channel.  Stone Eagle has a neat look, stone outcroppings all over the place and green fairways in between.  Al just noted that Doak uses some deceptive slopes that make it difficult to tell if the putts are uphill or downhill.  Is that the "Indio effect" at work?

Peter Pallotta

Re:Stone Eagle on Golf Channel now
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 10:54:15 PM »
And it was fun listening to Mr. 59. What that man has forgotten about the game of golf is more than I'll ever know.

Standing on a tee, he noted how "there's a lot more room out there on the right than it seems"...He said "it's a Doak thing".

He seemed to genuinely appreciate the course; "more like links golf" Brent added.

Peter

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:46:29 PM »
It is my understanding that Mr. 59 will be making an appearance at the Eagle for KP.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »
That would be very cool.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:50:55 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:35:40 AM »
I caught about half of it Bill.  They really showed some nice footage of the course, as good as a TV can indicate contour and elevation.  I think they really did a great job, even showing breaks on the greens.  I can't believe I allowed this opportunity to attend the KP slip by.   :'( :-[
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

ed_getka

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:30:29 AM »
I stayed up late and caught that episode. It was fun hearing Al G.'s take on the course. Holy mackerel, I hope it was the editing process but SE looks like it is going to eat my lunch! The greens look great, I can only imagine what they look like in person. Lots of interesting lies to be found out there.
     Unfortunately, a glimpse of what the future will be, with B. Geiberger golfing with his shirt hanging out, inspiring young golfers everywhere. :-\
    I am really  looking forward to getting down there this weekend. :)  
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 01:38:15 PM »

Unfortunately, a glimpse of what the future will be, with B. Geiberger golfing with his shirt hanging out, inspiring young golfers everywhere. :-\

Lighten up, Ed.   :)  I played Wellshire Golf Club, a Denver municipal course routed by Ross, early Saturday morning with . . . my shirt untucked (mind you, it wasn't a Jordan Wall shirt hanging down to my knees).  I still appreciated the totality of my golf experience and the sun came up the next day.  Of course, one should consider time and place.  

ed_getka

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »
Tim,
   Breaches of etiquette never bother the offender. ;) It's just all these seemingly inconsequential things that slowly degrade society. Please don't tell me you where your hat backwards.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tim Pitner

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 03:19:38 PM »

Breaches of etiquette never bother the offender. ;) It's just all these seemingly inconsequential things that slowly degrade society. Please don't tell me you where your hat backwards.

Ed, don't worry, the bill's in the front.  You know, I have a lot of traditionalist leanings, but I don't mind the shirt untucked--it's much more comfortable in the summer.  Some shirts, the ones without vents, are made to be untucked.  Sorry . . . right, Stone Eagle . . .  haven't played it.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »
It is my understanding that Mr. 59 will be making an appearance at the Eagle for KP.
Thomas,
His son John played and later coached golf at Pepperdine after I left. Did he coach your friend Geoff Shackelford at Pep?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:23:23 PM »
No actually, they we're teammates and they are still good friends to this day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back