News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Darren_Kilfara

Mediocre Tour courses you like to watch on TV
« on: May 24, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »
I was thinking about this topic while watching Carton House on TV last week during the Irish Open. It's not a course I would ever travel out of my way to play - I'd probably think twice about paying the €115 or €135 greens fee even if I happened to be in County Kildare - and yet it's exactly the sort of course which I like to watch the pros battle on television, certainly in comparison with lots of the dross out on the Tours these days, mainly because it's difficult, often windswept and has some interesting contours for a TPC-ish type course. (Wentworth, this week's European Tour stop, is another similar example, although I wouldn't mind paying to play it once - for historical reasons alone, if nothing else.)

What other courses fit this description for you? Any televised golf course from any professional Tour (or exhibition) event counts - the only parameter is that you can't pick a course you'd go even slightly out of your way (financially or geographically) to play.

Cheers,
Darren

Kenny Lee Puckett

Re:Mediocre Tour courses you like to watch on TV
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 05:21:11 PM »
The Belfry
Valderama
The K Club

Get the gist???

Tim Pitner

Re:Mediocre Tour courses you like to watch on TV
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 05:52:56 PM »
Doral (especially the 18th hole)
the courses in UAE on the European Tour
Links at Fancourt

(I'm sure there are several others)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back