News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

JohnG:

You don't understand. That Seth Raynor had a unique knack no other golf architect has ever had. Occasionally Seth could get no closer than within a mile of a golf course site and somehow he could design the whole damned thing.  ;)

McGovern? Apparently there was no question in his mind he knew a whole lot more about what kind of bunkering some Ross courses needed than Ross did.  ;)

mike_malone

Well

That is wonderful news.

A recent poster said he loved the look of Rolling Green from your very good My Home Course review. But those photos are dated now. I guess I need to get back to Aronimink.
AKA Mayday

wsmorrison

Mike,

It is now My Ex-Home Course  ;D

Jerry Kluger

Wayne: An Italian hot dog or sausage is prepared as follows:
You take a large metal pan, say 2' x 3' with a sloped bottom and fill it part way with cooking oil (No healthy oil please).  After heating the oil you place peppers, onions and potatoes in the hot oil and allow them to cook, the longer the better.  You then put either the hot dogs or sausage in the oil to cook.  You then take a circular role of about 8" in diameter and 2'' thick and cut it in half and open the pocket (Like a thick pita) and put in the hot dogs or sausage, followed by the potatoes, peppers and onions.  As the oil seeps out of the bottom of the roll you should view it the same way as you view ice cream as it seeps out of the bottom of a broken ice cream cone.  And there you have it, a North Jersey Italian hot dog.  I grew up on these and I still long for one but they don't have them in Maryland.

wsmorrison

Well, Jerry, on your way back up to North Jersey stop in Philadelphia for golf and a Jim's cheesesteak before you take care of your NNJ Italian hot dog jonesing.  Next time I'm in NNJ where the heck is Jimmy Buff's?  Is there anywhere else I could go for one of these delicious sounding belly bombers?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 02:54:09 PM by Wayne Morrison »

Jerry Kluger

Wayne: Jimmy Buff's is in Newark, Irvington and East Hanover - I would suggest the East Hanover location.

ed_getka

No more cheesesteak talk. You're scaring off Lawrence and I want to hear what he thought of the COURSES (not food courses ;)).
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

david h. carroll

that photo is of our 13th at Elkridge from behind the green.  Huge downhill biarritz and beleive it or not, we had a ton more of those crappy white pines before two years ago.  The rest will be coming down soon.

Lawrence Largent

Could someone please give me a detailed for dummies way of posting pics. I have some pretty good pics of Elkridge

Lawrence

ed_getka

Lawrence,
   I can't help with the pix, and it is likely to be  a slow weekend around here, but I look forward to hearing what you thought of the courses.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Eric Franzen

Could someone please give me a detailed for dummies way of posting pics. I have some pretty good pics of Elkridge

Lawrence

Sure.

Register an account at www.flickr.com.
Follow their instructions for uploading pictures.

Click on the uploaded photo so that it is displayed on an individual web page.
Right click on the picture you wish to display and choose Properties.
Copy the address/URL including the extension .jpg.
Paste the adress on this board between the tags [ img ] [ /img ] - but with the spaces before an after img and /img removed.
Repeat the last two steps for each individual picture that you want to post here.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back