News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Revisiting and Rethinking on Wolf Creek
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Even though I played there twice in 2005, I'll classify Wolf Creek as a " one and done."  I'd rather go into Utah if I'm in the area and play Sand Hollow.

See my previous comment above.
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2017, 12:44:54 PM »
I had a ton of fun at Wolf Creek.  I go on an annual golf trip with a group of 6 guys and we've played about 80 different courses over the years and a few of them talk about hoping to get back to Wolf Creek above all other courses. 

I make no claim as to whether the course is good for golf and it isn't the kind of course I'd want to play everyday, but I'm not sure how you wouldn't have fun playing it and embracing the over the top challenge of many holes.  Forget your score and enjoy the thrill ride.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »
[font=]We saw this course soon after it opened.  [/font]We flew in on a pal’s prop plane.  Somebody was doing touch and goes at the airport, which sits just above the course, so we had to circle around for twenty minutes directly above WC and our tour was fairly low altitude.  None of us knew much about golf architecture, hadn’t seen really good courses, were susceptible to eye candy, and had never seen golf in red rock country.  We called from the tarmac to secure a tee time.  Sticker shock.  Our pilot calculated that if we pooled our quoted green fees, we could easily fly to Cabo and back.  We passed and the more I learned about good golf, the less I wanted to play it.  I will say this:  If you have never seen golf in the red rocks of the US southwest, it makes a very visual first impression you are unlikely to forget.  That, BTW, is worth some Doak points.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back