News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Cowan-Dewar

Re:Cabot Links
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 09:17:11 PM »
Thanks Steve. That is the only hole that the ocean is not visible, unless you look over your shoulder, yet it is wonderful in its own way.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 02:10:04 AM »
The place is going to be outstanding. Nice to see Rod Whitman get an excellent site to show his solo work.

Igonish here we come!

Jimmy Muratt

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »
Ben,

The site really does look amazing.  I am very anxious to see what interesting features Rod Whitman incorporates on such a dramatic site.  

That looks like quite a 1st hole!  Will the green be set close to McIsaac's Pond over on the right side of your photo?  So, I assume the most advantageous line of play for the tee shot is hugging the right side near the water, which would leave a shorter and easier approach shot?

Jimmy

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 05:07:24 PM »
Tommy,
Ingonish is Highlands Links, Inverness is Cabot Links!!  ;)

Jimmy,
Yes the green is perched close to the water, I think it is 460 yards, so the more direct line will be necessary for me to get there in two! Thanks for your kind words.

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 12:17:47 PM »
Bump

How is it going?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »
I would continue being patient. News should be coming forthwith.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Gary Slatter

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
Bell Bay is a very nice course, superb Pro/GM Ted Stonehouse.very friendly staff, 17 good holes, worth playing on your way to Highland Links which is really worth playing as many times as you can.  Even with this warm weather I doubt if they open before May 1st.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back